Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 24, 2013, 02:44 AM   #851
vmaniqui
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoom View Post

I really like the way the this sleeve looks. Need to decide the color I will get

http://www.etsy.com/listing/11087347...op_home_active
That's a nice case. i made another one. i can pull the black leather band and my iPhone 5S will slide out as you can see in picture 2. i also added a hook at the back so that i can attach it to my belt loop if i want to.

not really the best sewing machine stitches. i am just using a regular home sewing machine. i f i can get a hold of a heavy duty machine. it will look better. but for now this is working OK for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo A.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	442940   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo B.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	442941   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo C.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	442942  

Name:	photo D.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	442943  

Last edited by vmaniqui; Oct 24, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
vmaniqui is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2014, 04:49 PM   #852
icebergx
macrumors regular

I 'm looking for a slim, simple case and the Sena ultra slim, iCaseleather slim series and the Knomo leather slim sleeve are the main contenders.
Could anyone tell me which is the best, and if any have drawbacks?
Also, I've been a bit concerned about reports that the Sena can scratch/remove the anodised coating on the iPhone, with prolonged use. Does this effect the other two brands of case too?

Thanks.
icebergx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2014, 06:28 AM   #853
icebergx
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfrost View Post
Just got the case, and i must say that its by far the best leather pouch i have ever tried (in my oppinion its even better than the Knomo and even better than the Sena cases). Fits the i5 perfectly, its tight, very very well made, and the sizing is perfect as its almost adding NO bulk to the phone. I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking for something elegant, minimalistic, and real. And because it is genuine leather its going to get better and better with time!

and here are some pictures:
Hey eFrost, What is it about the iCase Slim Series cases that make them better than the Sena and Knomo ones? I'm torn between the three and need to get a case asap, before my phone gets battered and bruised
My concern about the Sena Ultraslim is that I read that it can scratch/polish the bezels the seam/stitching rubs against the phone. Do you experience anything similar with the iCase or the Knomo?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by icebergx; Jan 24, 2014 at 04:27 PM.
icebergx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2014, 02:35 PM   #854
Antgb84
macrumors regular

Anyone ever gave Pad & Quill a go? I'm interested in Bella Fino for my 5S but unsure about the sticky film they use to keep the phone in place or how long it will last without attracting pocket lint or losing grip over time.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfb View Post
I've had Pad & Quill cases for my iPhone 4 and 5. I love them and think they're very practical and look great *BUT* the stitches in the wallet part fell apart pretty quickly (along the bottom pocket), which really annoyed me for such an expensive (to me) case. It's still working all right though and I haven't found anything better yet.

I've had mine for a few months or so it annoyed me how bulky it was. Quality is superb however it didn't show any sign of wear much at all. I loved the idea of having a wallet and a case in one though. I wanna try their Bella Fino edition though.
Antgb84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2014, 07:52 PM   #855
TheIntruder
macrumors regular

I just received my pouch from ihibag on Etsy.

I can appreciate well-made leather goods, and as nice as some of the other options looked, I didn't want to spend that much since I'm going "double" with a snap-on case as well.

Nor did I want some mass-produced pleather thing that would probably end up looking better in pictures than in person.

I think I ended up with a decent compromise from one of the cheaper Asian sellers, who was responsive to communication (custom size for the hard shell, and different color), and the product is exactly like it was pictured. Overall, the quality and value are good. It arrived in a reasonable amount of time as well.

The only thing I might have wished for are polished edges, but I knew that it lacked them going in.

(And yes, that is cardboard, not a phone; it's in the stretching out phase. The pix also make it more black than the brown it actually is.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	i1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	458376   Click image for larger version

Name:	i2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	458377   Click image for larger version

Name:	i3.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	458378  

TheIntruder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2014, 04:03 AM   #856
Liljeberg
macrumors newbie

Last week I ordered a Thin Series iPhone 5 leather case from iCase Leather in Hungary. I picked it up from the post office this morning. It was sent as a registered letter, free shipping.

Let me first say that I have previously been using Sena Ultraslim Pouches (two of them) for five years, since I got my first iPhone. I have been very happy with them. The leather quality is great, but the inside material wears out.

Now, my first impression of the iCase Leather aren't the best. While the shape and fit are excellent, the material is somewhat strange. I'm not sure it's even real leather.

The Sena cases have a smooth, cool (slightly moist), flexible feel, as you would expect leather to be, while the iCase is dry, stiff and feel like some kind of foam plastic. The leather smell is there, but it is faint, and there is definitely some kind of chemical smell too.

I think the "leather" in the iCase might be so called bicast leather (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicast_leather). It's a thin leather base covered with polyurethane.

The iCase logo also seems to be melted into the case, something that I don't think would be possible if it was real leather.

I took this photo using a loupe:

When I compare how my iCase looks to the photos posted by esfrost earlier in this thread, my case just looks dull. His has a shine, that at least to me, looks like real leather. I think iCase Leather might have made a change in the production to cheaper materials.

So I'm not entirely happy but will give it a chance nonetheless.

Last edited by Liljeberg; Feb 4, 2014 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Fixed grammar.
Liljeberg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2014, 01:02 PM   #857
Dascoyne
macrumors 6502

Here's an interesting one I saw on Kickstarter. (I have to stop looking at that site because I'm always finding stuff I think I need.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joelyoung/sport-leather-wallet-case-minimal-versatile-smart?ref=discovery

The nice thing about this one is that it's held in place magnetically. It comes with a shell case that's magnetized in the back. They're already at funding goal but I couldn't resist so I placed an order.

Dascoyne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 03:04 AM   #858
Dino F
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dascoyne View Post
Here's an interesting one I saw on Kickstarter. (I have to stop looking at that site because I'm always finding stuff I think I need.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

The nice thing about this one is that it's held in place magnetically. It comes with a shell case that's magnetized in the back. They're already at funding goal but I couldn't resist so I placed an order.

Funny, I was looking at that case on Kickstarter as well (before you posted about it above!!)

I'm the same, I look at their website and find these weird and wonderful gadgets that I just have to have!! I already backed a successful project from last year on there (Bullet Train Safe case for iPhone 5) and currently waiting for my second item (Minimo wallet).

That 'Sport' case you posted about does look pretty good. Almost a carbon copy of Twelve South's 'Book Book' case apart from the fact the the 'Sport' case has a removable phone part.

I almost backed the project but decided not to - couldn't help feeling that the whole case would still be too large and bulky in your front trouser pocket!
Dino F is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2014, 09:03 AM   #859
Antgb84
macrumors regular

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
Hi everyone.

Checking out this thread and am intrigued by the Atelier Pall cases.

I can't find anything on their iPhone Book Wallet and was hoping someone here has one or can comment on it.

(Photo from the Atelier Pall website)

I've never had an iPhone wallet, but this one has captured my imagination and I really like the two-tone colors.
From what I've read in this thread Atelier Pall makes quality cases - maybe I should just pull the trigger.
I've also considered Atelier Pall before, they do offer a few really cool choices made from real leather I haven't come across anywhere before. Their shipping fees were a bit steep for me though.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 05:03 PM   #860
Dascoyne
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino F View Post
Funny, I was looking at that case on Kickstarter as well (before you posted about it above!!)

I'm the same, I look at their website and find these weird and wonderful gadgets that I just have to have!! I already backed a successful project from last year on there (Bullet Train Safe case for iPhone 5) and currently waiting for my second item (Minimo wallet).

That 'Sport' case you posted about does look pretty good. Almost a carbon copy of Twelve South's 'Book Book' case apart from the fact the the 'Sport' case has a removable phone part.

I almost backed the project but decided not to - couldn't help feeling that the whole case would still be too large and bulky in your front trouser pocket!
I've asked them for a side photo so I can tell how thick it is. It does seem like it might be somewhat substantial.

I'm thinking of backing out if it's too thick. (I can't believe I just typed that)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 06:29 AM   #861
Liljeberg
macrumors newbie

I wrote a somewhat fuller review/first impressions of the iCase Leather case mentioned earlier in this thread. It is available here: http://chli.se/icasereview
Liljeberg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 09:46 AM   #862
Antgb84
macrumors regular

What does everyone reckon of this?

http://the-nodus-collection.myshopif...iphone-5s-5c-5

As much as I dislike cases this could be the ideal solution for me. A combination of a wallet and simplicity and no plastic shell that the iPhone case to be clipped in. Love the idea just bloody expensive.

It's a bit like Pad & Quill's Bella Fino idea.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11b8e74286c125d25fa0d2c2d30dccc1_large.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	460476   Click image for larger version

Name:	bellafino-gray.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	460478  
Old Feb 11, 2014, 01:50 PM   #863
YMark
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antgb84 View Post

As much as I dislike cases this could be the ideal solution for me. A combination of a wallet and simplicity and no plastic shell that the iPhone case to be clipped in. Love the idea just bloody expensive.

You're not going to stuff the left side of the case with bills and/or credit cards and expect the case to close flat. Poor design IMO.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 07:16 PM   #864
thegrants82
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark View Post
You're not going to stuff the left side of the case with bills and/or credit cards and expect the case to close flat. Poor design IMO.
Agreed. Thats going to look like George Costanza's wallet.
thegrants82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2014, 05:06 PM   #865
Dascoyne
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antgb84 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
Agreed. Thats going to look like George Costanza's wallet.
That was a problem with the discontinued Spigen Snap case, I understand. The thing wouldn't close when you put anything in it.

A couple of months ago I wrote to the Nodus designers about it. They said they consciously addressed it by having a more "accommodating" "hinge" area which I'm guessing means it's wide so a few cards & cash won't keep it from closing. I have one ordered so I'll see if that's the case. Even so I'm sure there's a limit to how much it can hold - If it can hold three cards and a few bills I'll be happy. There is some lesser "suction" used to hold the cover closed but I'm a little more skeptical about that feature. I'm guessing it'll need constant cleaning.

Edit: I didn't know they had a website up. I can't believe what they're asking for it. I got in when it was a Kickstarter for half that price. It's gonna deliver in April. I don't know if I'd pay for one at the full retail. Sheesh!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 07:54 PM   #866
Antgb84
macrumors regular

Why is everyone fixated on whether it's gonna sit flat or not when with just 3 cards in its slots? It will be mostly in your pocket anyway and the whole idea of these wallet ideas I mentioned is the phone being easily extracted whenever you need to (see suction and adhesive surface) Who cares if it doesn't sit flat? I'd be more worried if the phone is gonna stay in its place lol

Regardless I'm gonna pick up the Pad & Quill.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:37 AM   #867
Antgb84
macrumors regular

So my wallet cover came in from Pad & Quill and so far I love it. The sticky tape holds the phone in place well and I am reluctant to removing it in and out regularly though, no magic tricks here just 3M tape. The leather is top quality and got an addicting scent to it.

http://www.tuaw.com/photos/pad-and-q...hone-5-series/

If anyone dares to try it out I'd give it 2 thumbs up. Free shipping within US and their customer service is terrific.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 02:39 PM   #868
MrMister111
macrumors 6502a

Is there a wallet case that the iPhone can just slip in, not click on a plastic surround and carry few cards and money in.

I want a cheapish wallet case for nights out, don't like cases/wallets that you have to click in, I just want a wallet can slip in, don't mind if can't see the screen either, I'd have to remove it.

Thanks
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:10 PM   #869
Antgb84
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister111 View Post
Is there a wallet case that the iPhone can just slip in, not click on a plastic surround and carry few cards and money in.

I want a cheapish wallet case for nights out, don't like cases/wallets that you have to click in, I just want a wallet can slip in, don't mind if can't see the screen either, I'd have to remove it.

Thanks
check easy.com they have an excellent selection and most if not are all leather hand made. Plenty to choose from.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 05:37 PM   #870
scutts
macrumors member

id America Wall St wallet case

Genuine leather wallet case without cover from id America. I like this case a lot and find it very useful. I can't stand the wallet cases with covers.

It holds up to 3 credit cards snugly

Front View

Port opening...

Tap on the top to hold the phone...

http://www.idamericany.com/wallst.html

$35 and free shipping, hard to beat! I've been a fan of their Gasket case since the beginning..
scutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2014, 09:29 PM   #871
Totally
macrumors 6502

My iphone happily lives in: http://grovemade.com/product/bamboo-...ase/?initial=4

@infinitelyryan
Totally is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:47 AM   #872
Cache
macrumors regular

Does anyone know of any other micro suction enabled cases, similar to the Access and Piel Frama cases?
Cache is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:32 AM   #873
Jamalmartinez
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcizzle View Post
VAJA LA PELLE ($50 plus free US shipping)

Does the phone just stick to this case? how is the removal?
Jamalmartinez is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Tags
pocketcase, sleeve, walletcase