Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11, 2013, 03:40 PM   #51
curmudgeon32
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McMac View Post
I like it a lot. Blows away crappy iTunes!
Apples and oranges. iTunes does about 1 million things that an app like this doesn't even touch. Comparing this to iTunes is like comparing a Vespa to an RV.

It's a nice little music player, but has absolutely no other features.
curmudgeon32 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 07:34 AM   #52
msephton
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St Ives, Cornwall & London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon32 View Post
It's a nice little music player, but has absolutely no other features.
I really like the BS2B feature.
msephton is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 07:44 AM   #53
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020
 
Mr. McMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon32 View Post
Apples and oranges. iTunes does about 1 million things that an app like this doesn't even touch. Comparing this to iTunes is like comparing a Vespa to an RV.

It's a nice little music player, but has absolutely no other features.
What I like about it, it doesn't do a million things. It's a superior music player that does a ton of formats..
__________________
Mid 2011 Mac Mini, 2.3 GHz, 8GB of RAM, 500 GB HD, 2 TB external HD, 46" Samsung Display, 4th gen iPod Shuffle
Custom built Windows 7 PC, Asus ChromeBox, 2nd gen Nexus 7, (2) Roku 3's
Mr. McMac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 11:18 AM   #54
dastinger
macrumors 6502a
 
dastinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I'm sorry if this is discussed elsewhere. I know this is a beta but I'm almost sure this didn't happen at first. I've been trying out this player since the beta started and I really like it. There's only one annoying issue... I've set it as the default player for my .mp3 but, when I double click a mp3, Vox opens, restarts and does not play the song. I always need to double click on the file again. Any idea why this happens? Is it only me?
dastinger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 03:23 PM   #55
Fatboy71
macrumors 6502a
 
Fatboy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastinger View Post
I'm sorry if this is discussed elsewhere. I know this is a beta but I'm almost sure this didn't happen at first. I've been trying out this player since the beta started and I really like it. There's only one annoying issue... I've set it as the default player for my .mp3 but, when I double click a mp3, Vox opens, restarts and does not play the song. I always need to double click on the file again. Any idea why this happens? Is it only me?
The same thing happened to me. Its still in beta so strange things like this can happen.

I've since went back to the old version until the new version is free from issues.
__________________
iMac Late 2012, 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 1TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5, 24GB ram
iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey, iPad Air 32GB
Fatboy71 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viber Updates iOS App with Redesigned User Interface, Multiple Media Sharing MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 29 Apr 25, 2014 10:09 AM
Vox Music Player Launches on the Mac App Store, Free Upgrade for MacRumors Readers MacRumors Mac Blog Discussion 58 Mar 14, 2014 01:32 AM
Vox Music Player Updated with Redesigned Interface, Gapless Playback MacRumors Mac Blog Discussion 26 Feb 4, 2014 08:54 AM
Mac music player with FLAC support... andysalter Mac Applications and Mac App Store 4 Jan 27, 2014 05:50 AM
'Doctape Viewer' Launches for iOS with Support for Over 80 File Types MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 10 Aug 31, 2013 02:35 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC