Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteinMaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
USA
I want to move my Aperture library to my wife's MacBook Pro and import the library into her iPhoto. Does anyone have a workflow that will work? I want her to have my Aperture photos imported into iPhoto on her MacBook Pro.

I saw a lot of posts for importing Aperture libraries into iPhoto on the same computer. I didn't see anything for moving the library to another computer and then importing into iPhoto.

Thanks

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
Should be copy and paste. Just open from the file menu in iPhoto. I did some back and forth when I was setting up my new Mac a few months ago but I can't remember if I opened my Aperture Library in iPhoto or not. How large is your library? Is copying the photos to a thumb drive out of the question?

Last edited:

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Does your Wife's MBP already have an iPhoto Library on it? If so - are trying to create two separate libraries, and depending on your needs iPhoto will open library 1 OR library 2. Or.... are tying to to merge two libraries together into one library.

The actually moving of the photos is easy.... the images and database are contained in a single folder.

Whatever you do, keep a backup copy of that folder somewhere safe until you are confident that everything is working as intended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.