Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old May 5, 2013, 11:09 AM   #1
zachlegomaniac
macrumors 6502

How much do "minor scratches" on iPad screen effect resale price?

I have an iPad 2 64GB WiFi only. I am going to sell it with the Smart Cover, of course.

It has a few "light" scratches on the screen. They aren't always visible. Mostly with a solid white background, and I doubt I could capture them in a pick with my 4s.

Sellmmyac said its worth 370$. How much should I take off for the scratches? Any thoughts? Probably posting on Craigslist so I can get a mini instead.

I wish I had brought it into the Mac store a couple of years ago because the scratches came from playing Infinity Blade shortly after purchase (weird, I know). Oh well. That's a whole different topic.

Last edited by zachlegomaniac; May 5, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
zachlegomaniac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 09:45 PM   #2
ThirteenXIII
macrumors 6502a

List it for the price you'd ideally like to get and then be straight forward in the post. that way they may send an offer a little bit below and you can wager whether or not it'd be worth it. IMO.
ThirteenXIII is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 01:21 AM   #3
fastpurplemedia
macrumors newbie

i Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachlegomaniac View Post
I have an iPad 2 64GB WiFi only. I am going to sell it with the Smart Cover, of course.

It has a few "light" scratches on the screen. They aren't always visible. Mostly with a solid white background, and I doubt I could capture them in a pick with my 4s.

Sellmmyac said its worth 370$. How much should I take off for the scratches? Any thoughts? Probably posting on Craigslist so I can get a mini instead.

I wish I had brought it into the Mac store a couple of years ago because the scratches came from playing Infinity Blade shortly after purchase (weird, I know). Oh well. That's a whole different topic.
Will you please post some pics of your i Pad?
fastpurplemedia is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 07:04 AM   #4
zachlegomaniac
macrumors 6502

It's hard to capture pics they're so minor. Thank you for your help! I marked this resolved as I am all set now.
zachlegomaniac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice