|Nov 26, 2012, 06:48 AM||#1|
Making a USB SuperDuper! backup drive bootable
I bought an IOMega 2T USB 3.0 ext drive to do a backup. Got SuperDuper! and a few hours later I have a backup. I've looked at the files and all seems to be intact.
I did my OS upgrade SL 10.6.8 So that I can now buy ML for the next upgrade.
I wanted a HDD backup that I can boot to whenever I want/need to.
How to I make the USB drive bootable?
I see nothing in Disk Utilities or in SuperDuper!
|Nov 26, 2012, 09:18 AM||#3|
"How to I make the USB drive bootable?"
- Shut down Mac with external drive connected (but powered on)
- Press Mac's power-on button
- As soon as you hear the startup sound, hold down the option key and KEEP HOLDING IT DOWN
- In a few moments, the startup manager will appear.
- Use the tab key or arrow keys to select the backup drive, then hit the enter key
- The Mac should boot from the backup
This doesn't change the selection you have already made in the "Startup Disk" preference panel. If you restart a second time, the Mac will boot back to the internal drive.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.