Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
I installed OS X Security Update 2012-004, and when my last Folding@home work unit finished, the FAHControl client refused to download a new unit. I've tried deleting the client and reinstalling, but it still won't work. It says:

Address: 127.0.0.1
Client: Updating Inactive

Occasionally, the screen will change the Status to something else, and my team name will display above a work unit that says "Running" for its status, but then it soon changes back to Updating Inactive and the Identity fields for Name and Team are switched to Anonymous and 0. When a "Running" unit appears, the Project field has some HTML code indicating an Error 500 server error. What did I screw up here?

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
I installed OS X Security Update 2012-004, and when my last Folding@home work unit finished, the FAHControl client refused to download a new unit. I've tried deleting the client and reinstalling, but it still won't work. It says:

Address: 127.0.0.1
Client: Updating Inactive

Occasionally, the screen will change the Status to something else, and my team name will display above a work unit that says "Running" for its status, but then it soon changes back to Updating Inactive and the Identity fields for Name and Team are switched to Anonymous and 0. When a "Running" unit appears, the Project field has some HTML code indicating an Error 500 server error. What did I screw up here?

dunno, but I always try un-installing FAH, restarting, and re-installing. Hopefully there's an option to keep your data (like your passkey, which is a pain to re-enter) and reinstall the programs themselves; there is on the Windows side...

Good luck!

Louis

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
It fixed itself

My Folding client has decided to start downloading new work units and has restarted processing. :confused: :)

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
well that's good! maybe it was a server issue?

The software has created two new Clients, labeled client0 and local. Both show a status of Online when running. The work unit description, currently 7808, still shows some HTML code indicating "500 Internal Server Error." Beats me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.