Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Such a sweeping statement when you don't know where the OP lives :p

How? The companies that actually make the proper forensic software refuse to sell to anyone other then law enforcement or educational institutions so it has nothing to do with where the OP lives.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
How? The companies that actually make the proper forensic software refuse to sell to anyone other then law enforcement or educational institutions so it has nothing to do with where the OP lives.

I work in a criminal defence solicitors office and we regularly get expert computer reports from forensic companies.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I work in a criminal defence solicitors office and we regularly get expert computer reports from forensic companies.

Yes that's a forensic company, of course they're allowed such software. My point still stands that it is impossible for an individual to get such software for personal use. You need to be a educational institution law enforcement or a forensic company.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Do you back up your phone to iTunes or iCloud? Check the date of the last backup, the camera roll is in there. It's time-consuming to wipe and restore the entire phone just to get a few photos, but it may be worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.