|Dec 28, 2012, 03:08 PM||#1|
Advanced Troubleshooting on Kernel_Task?
Have a 13" mid-2011 MBA
- Booting normally, bogs down with "360%" CPU consumption by kernel_task even with no other applications running / consuming cpu
- Safe mood boot runs fine and is fast
- Fan speed consistent at 2k rpm, CPU temp at 40c
- PRAM and SMC reset no effect
- Upgraded from SL to ML, no noticeable change
Not sure where to look next; don't think it is the temperature throttling and am reluctant to make the modifications to turn it off. My only other guess is to use time machine to revert it back to before it was happening.
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot from here?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.