Microsoft Forced to Slash Surface RT Prices Despite Vigorous Anti-iPad Ad Campaign - Page 21 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:28 PM   #501
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
MS is inferior because they use a great selling point as a... selling point? That's an odd frame of mind. Thankfully Apple never ever does that.

As for what's subjective, yes you are certainly correct and it's probably my fault for thinking when I state my opinion it's meant as my subjective opinion and certainly not as fact, or even as business advice. For me the overall experience of using a windows tablet is HIGHLY superior to using an ipad.
Well I'm happy for you that you find solace with the Surface, pity not many others share your same feelings which is why this tablet is on it's way to the bottom of the sea.
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:30 PM   #502
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Well I'm happy for you that you find solace with the Surface, pity not many others share your same feelings which is why this tablet is on it's way to the bottom of the sea.
This article explains exactly why the Surface RT was destined to become something of a dud. And it's not for the reasons you think.
Renzatic is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:56 PM   #503
spinedoc77
macrumors 68040

Quote:
No, I don't like the surface, although why people like to be nebulous and say "surface" is beyond me. There are 2 surface variants, the RT version and the Pro version, they are very much different. I don't particularly care for either, and neither of them fulfill my needs, I'd choose an ipad over either surface tablet.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
This article explains exactly why the Surface RT was destined to become something of a dud. And it's not for the reasons you think.
Price will never make the surface RT a sound strategy, never. MS took their most valuable positive, their incredible ecosystem and legacy programs, and threw them completely out the window. They are basically trying to out ipad the ipad, and they will never do that IMO. They also succeeded in confusing the heck out of consumers in the process, not a good thing.

MS honestly needs to let RT die. They will lose some consumers who invested in it, but it doesn't seem like it's that many at all. They need to cut their losses and get out before more people get invested in RT and MS ends up pulling the plug on it in 2 years anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:57 PM   #504
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
For me the overall experience of using a windows tablet is HIGHLY superior to using an ipad.
Quote:
No, I don't like the surface, although why people like to be nebulous and say "surface" is beyond me. There are 2 surface variants, the RT version and the Pro version, they are very much different. I don't particularly care for either, and neither of them fulfill my needs, I'd choose an ipad over either surface tablet.
Am I missing something here? These posts are contradicting.
HenryDJP is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:00 PM   #505
spinedoc77
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Am I missing something here? These posts are contradicting.
Yep, you are missing something huge, but if you carefully read my complaints before trying to counter them then you would know.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:06 PM   #506
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yep, you are missing something huge, but if you carefully read my complaints before trying to counter them then you would know.
Well enjoy dude. I asked you a simple question, to explain what you meant. If you want to play games and expect people to syphon out your posts and figure them out then you shouldn't be posting on a discussion board.
HenryDJP is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:16 PM   #507
spinedoc77
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Well enjoy dude. I asked you a simple question, to explain what you meant. If you want to play games and expect people to syphon out your posts and figure them out then you shouldn't be posting on a discussion board.
Yeah but you took the time to point out my apparently contradicting statements, which are not contradictory in the least. No it's not playing games, I just don't have time to discuss things with someone that doesn't value what I'm discussing enough to carefully read what I think I've stated like 300 times. No issue taken though, but yes feel free to move along.

Last edited by maflynn; Jul 21, 2013 at 04:38 AM. Reason: removed corrections
spinedoc77 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:29 PM   #508
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
I'll spell it out for you.

He doesn't like the Surface line, but he does like Windows 8 tablets. And yes, there are reasons why someone would like a Samsung or Asus W8 tablet over a Surface.
Renzatic is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 05:00 PM   #509
mentaluproar
macrumors 65816

Every time I see a surface tablet on display, it's frozen. This does not inspire confidence.