Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Problem with this tweak is that you have to be a developer to compile a tweak which animates the images. With vwallpaper which IMO is way out of days you only had to make a video which can be done with no coding needed.

vwallpaper works fine on my 4S... just got bored with the videos...

rogeliojeda

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
Somebody should do a live wallpaper of the default iOS wallpaper of water ripples with the water moving (just like the Galaxy 3 water effect on the lockscreen)

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I made an aquarium one but before you get excited I will admit its lame. It uses the bubbles animation so the fish move both backwards and forwards and they are hard to see I guess because there is a layer of transparency applied beyond the pngs. But it might tide you over until someone makes a real one.

Drop in the respective places.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkcormkrvahdnyz/background.hd.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69mk5owpo8182o6/map.png

pretty cool actually; when i resprung, had transparent fish (i fixed that...)

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Ha no worries. Can't figure out why the fish are mostly transparent. Likely related to the rendering files which I can't change. But better for me then bubbles regardless.

Could be a gold mine if there is an easy way to make these.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
How are they made? Flash? It would be good to get a community around this with some tutorials on how to make them and use with the app

It uses OpenGL ES. Not sure if that helps you figure out how to make your own though haha. I suck at that stuff.

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Not a battery drainer for me. Haven't noticed a bit of difference.

Really love the provided livepaper. Would love to see more and have the ability for it to cycle through a list of favorites.

xcel360

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
WPB, Fl
No battery draining here either. Tweak is really nice, adds no lag.

We do need more livepapers to choose from.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
battery drainer.no thanks

Have you used it?

I'm not experiencing any extra battery drain at all. I am using it on my homescreen but as soon as you launch an app or sleep your screen it goes away ... its not running in the background or anything. unless you spend time just staring at your home screen it should be ok.

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Absolutely (not noticeable at all) no drain on battery! I have been using nexus wallpaper and no impact on battery life that I can tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.