Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ws07

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
I have an interesting issue with the macrumors.com front page - it seems that it very regularly won't update with new posts on my Mac (new 2013 rMPB 15 w/ Safari or Chrome).

I get a "stale" front page, usually a day or so outdated, then occasionally it will refresh with the latest info. I only noticed it because on my mobile device it will has new posts that are not visible from the homepage on my mac.

As an example -
Right now, on both Safari and Chrome on my Mac (via WiFi), macrumors.com first news posting is from 8/30 and is the "What We expect from the iPhone 5S, ..." posting.

on my iphone, macrumors.com has (5) newer stories since that posting.

Anyone have suggestions?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
At the time both of you posted, the roundup article was indeed the most recent story on the front page of the site. The other stories you were seeing were from our blogs, which are shown in the right sidebar of the desktop version but as part of the main story stream (with prefixes) on mobile.

Is that the discrepancy you were seeing?

ws07

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Thanks WildCowboy! That was exactly it - for some reason, on a desktop browser macrumors.com serves up only the main stories. On my iphone, the same bookmark URL (macrumors.com) serves up both the main and 'blog' stories. I was interpreting this as missing stories on my Mac (honestly I've programmed myself to ignore sidebars as they are spam on 90% of websites).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.