Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smurray

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Has anyone done any recent testing of the latest Canary build of Chrome vs the latest Webkit Nightly in terms of performance on a retina macbook pro? When I first got my 15" last November the webkit nightlies were the only way to get smooth scrolling on some websites. I haven't tried Chrome since and am wondering if the experience has improved at all.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Has anyone done any recent testing of the latest Canary build of Chrome vs the latest Webkit Nightly in terms of performance on a retina macbook pro? When I first got my 15" last November the webkit nightlies were the only way to get smooth scrolling on some websites. I haven't tried Chrome since and am wondering if the experience has improved at all.

Your results?

smurray

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2008

See bold

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Lately I don't have any performance issues on my rMBP using Chrome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.