Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
What will happen going forward when the collectible items become the iPad, iPhone, touch , Air, Retina Pros, etc, all sealed units with internal batteries.

Apple will no longer sell replacement batteries, sure you can run them on AC power, but will the batteries start to expand, leak, etc?

Will internal batteries become a bigger problem than leaking capacitors?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
What will happen going forward when the collectible items become the iPad, iPhone, touch , Air, Retina Pros, etc, all sealed units with internal batteries.

Apple will no longer sell replacement batteries, sure you can run them on AC power, but will the batteries start to expand, leak, etc?

Will internal batteries become a bigger problem than leaking capacitors?

Drain to 40-60% store in a cool dry place and all will be good. Try to cycle once a year tho

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
iDevices & glued together laptops were designed as throw aways.

The New Apple doesn't care about anything but selling more product. They're simply advancing the tendencies of Americans in particular, to consume & buy, buy, buy.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
iDevices & glued together laptops were designed as throw aways.

The New Apple doesn't care about anything but selling more product. They're simply advancing the tendencies of Americans in particular, to consume & buy, buy, buy.

Isn't that what *ALL* companies do? "care about anything but selling more product"?

Disposable they may be, but they're still more durable than most other similar products. My original 2006 MacBook Pro is still my primary laptop. My original 2006 MacBook is still perfectly functional. 2007 iPhone works fine (although now it is used as a "glorified iPod touch" rather than a cell phone in daily use.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.