Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mully1121

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
I'm having 2 problems. One, iTunes will not sync any of my devices (iPod classic, jailbroken iPhone 4s, and unjailbroken iPad 1). Its gets stuck on the final syncing step. Is this an issue with iTunes 11? I have a hard time believing all 3 of my devices decided to screw up at the same time.

Also, I recently signed up for iTunes match and the only playlists that are showing up with songs are my smart playlists. All of my other playlists show up but are empty. I've tried turning match off and on repeatedly. Is there any other solution?

mully1121

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
In case anyone else runs into this issue (the syncing issue) I ended up disabling automatic and wireless syncing. I was then able to isolate which data was causing the issue (in my case it was the info tab, so I just reset my sync history).

Still having trouble getting iTunes Match to sync any playlists besides smart playlist so if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

ecommo

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Itunes 11 syncing problems

You will need to roll back to itunes 10.7.1 download. That's how I got mine working again.

IPadNParadise

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
I have another post going that no one has answered. I am a new user to iPad and my MacBook Pro. Tried my first sync today, did not check backup/restore, just asked it to sync with my iPad. It has now been syncing for over 3 hours so I'm thinking stuck, maybe not, idk. Can I just stop the whole thing without problems to either my iPad or MBP?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.