Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Mar 2, 2015, 06:50 PM   #4276
davg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemkmai View Post
This is a common problem with MLPF V0.2 and V0.3. It has not been solved yet by any developers here.
So the only way around this is the continue to use Lion? Has this be solved in Mavericks??
davg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2015, 09:13 PM   #4277
sumer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davg View Post
This is my first post. Hope i'm in the right forum?? I am new to mac but here is my problem; I am running Mountain Lion on an unsupported mac early 2008 2.1 ghz using mlpostfactor V0.3 All seem to be working well but I can't seem to get file share to work. I have configured file share the same as it was in Lion?? It sees my windows computers on my local network but when I try to connect I get a connection fail error?? If I boot into lion osx file share works fine. Hope can someone help
I installed mountain lion 10.8.5 with macpostfactor on my Mac pro 1.1 with the stock video card (ATI x1900). it worked better for me the MLpostfactor because with MLPF my wifi was out of wack. Anyway File sharing works for me with Macpostfactor-both ways. You just need to turn wifi off then back on and the computers will connect. My mac pro sees my mac book (running yesomite) and vice versa. hopefully the Macpostfactor betab2 comes out soon.

Sidenote -i even used macpostfactor to install mavericks on my mac pro 1.1 with the same stock video card. The performance was decent- Screen savers worked but i was unable to play videos or watch a DVD. I know thats because of the video card. i just though i'd try tho-lol
sumer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #4278
davg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumer View Post
I installed mountain lion 10.8.5 with macpostfactor on my Mac pro 1.1 with the stock video card (ATI x1900). it worked better for me the MLpostfactor because with MLPF my wifi was out of wack. Anyway File sharing works for me with Macpostfactor-both ways. You just need to turn wifi off then back on and the computers will connect. My mac pro sees my mac book (running yesomite) and vice versa. hopefully the Macpostfactor betab2 comes out soon.

Sidenote -i even used macpostfactor to install mavericks on my mac pro 1.1 with the same stock video card. The performance was decent- Screen savers worked but i was unable to play videos or watch a DVD. I know thats because of the video card. i just though i'd try tho-lol
Thanks sumer. Where did you get macpostfactor? I downloaded macpostfactor 0.2.b from a link on this site but it does not work?? it looks like a great program but when I run it it passes the verification but hangs on waiting you to click skip ad?
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #4279
sumer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Thanks sumer. Where did you get macpostfactor? I downloaded macpostfactor 0.2.b from a link on this site but it does not work?? it looks like a great program but when I run it it passes the verification but hangs on waiting you to click skip ad?
I downloaded it from http://osxhackers.tk/MCPF/index.html

I know there is a bug with the skip ad screen for mac mini's I believe. it kept hanging when i was trying to make a mavericks installer but with mountain lion it was ok.(I eventually got the mavericks installer) I was disconnected from the net and it made the installer. Also make sure your wifi is off if your using wired connection (i had internet sharing on) lastly if you get a hang and try to restart the program it may not let you make the installer in the same location. Simple erase the target drive where you want to instal it in and start again.
sumer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #4280
davg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I downloaded it from http://osxhackers.tk/MCPF/index.html

I know there is a bug with the skip ad screen for mac mini's I believe. it kept hanging when i was trying to make a mavericks installer but with mountain lion it was ok.(I eventually got the mavericks installer) I was disconnected from the net and it made the installer. Also make sure your wifi is off if your using wired connection (i had internet sharing on) lastly if you get a hang and try to restart the program it may not let you make the installer in the same location. Simple erase the target drive where you want to instal it in and start again.
Its a bug for the macbook 4,1 as will I tried disconnecting from the the net and it will just quit??
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #4281
sumer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Its a bug for the macbook 4,1 as will I tried disconnecting from the the net and it will just quit??
just keep trying it took me a few well a little more than a few tries to get it going. Hopefully they release the new updated beta that is supposed to fix this,
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #4282
davg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
just keep trying it took me a few well a little more than a few tries to get it going. Hopefully they release the new updated beta that is supposed to fix this,
I just don't know what to try?? If I turn off the wifi it will not work at all and if I don't it hangs on that pesky ad. You suggested that you had internet sharing turned on? What difference did that make?
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #4283
sumer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I just don't know what to try?? If I turn off the wifi it will not work at all and if I don't it hangs on that pesky ad. You suggested that you had internet sharing turned on? What difference did that make?
Internet sharing was on but wifi was off. That shouldn't make difference tho. The time that it worked was when I did it on my laptop that has yesomite on it and there was no internet connection. It hung for a bit, I was gonna quit it but it went through the steps and was successful. I created the mountain lion install on a usb stick.

I will say that I use macpostfactor over MLPF only because WiFi works better for me with it. File sharing works better in MLPF (connects instantly) but WiFi is screwed up.For some reason the connecting computer doesn't show the regular connection bars it shows the triangle symbol like the transmitting mac-odd. Anyway I feel Macpostfactor is the way to go once you create the install,if I want PM me so we don't clutter the thread.

Cheers

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion