Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
i think i'm just gonna leave it alone. i have 7gb of pictures/videos alone and im not about to pay for more icloud memory. **** it i'll deal with it until the 5s

The backup can be done via iTunes as well and you then have a local backup. Also you can sync/backup your pics to photo stream or sync to the local PC and get them back. You dont really need to increase iCloud storage for photos if you save them to local PC or photostream.

I concur that you need to setup as new and not restore the backup at least to start. You can certainly restore it and restore your backup and see it it helps. It could very well be fine but as others have mentioned the backup may restore the issue. Another option is restore via iTunes, restore your backup, then go to general>reset>reset all settings (NOT erase all data). Select setup as new when the phone reboots.This will not delete your apps and data that you just restored but you have to manually reset any particular settings and wallpaper etc. If that does not help then you can always restore, setup as new and sync and manually install apps again as worst case. You have options. I would try the latter first since it will restore all your stuff like it was and if the problem is gone you win, if not you can still restore again and go through the manual stuff.

Also there is an option called DFU restore. you can search for the process but that is a low level restore and has a good success rate of solving corrupt software issues.

Last edited:

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
The backup can be done via iTunes as well and you then have a local backup. Also you can sync/backup your pics to photo stream or sync to the local PC and get them back. You dont really need to increase iCloud storage for photos if you save them to local PC or photostream.

I concur that you need to setup as new and not restore the backup at least to start. You can certainly restore it and restore your backup and see it it helps. It could very well be fine but as others have mentioned the backup may restore the issue. Another option is restore via iTunes, restore your backup, then go to general>reset>reset all settings (NOT erase all data). Select setup as new when the phone reboots.This will not delete your apps and data that you just restored but you have to manually reset any particular settings and wallpaper etc. If that does not help then you can always restore, setup as new and sync and manually install apps again as worst case. You have options. I would try the latter first since it will restore all your stuff like it was and if the problem is gone you win, if not you can still restore again and go through the manual stuff.

Also there is an option called DFU restore. you can search for the process but that is a low level restore and has a good success rate of solving corrupt software issues.

it's still the same so i will try the reset all settings first before a restore to new. i already transferred my entire camera roll to the pc but how do i back up the pictures to photo stream? wasn't aware i could do that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.