Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Does anyone else have the problem of when you are on wifi with your broadband. I'm on comcasts extreme 105 that the speed test app freaks out and bounces around like a crazy person and settles on crazy speeds like 2.5 meg?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Does anyone else have the problem of when you are on wifi with your broadband. I'm on comcasts extreme 105 that the speed test app freaks out and bounces around like a crazy person and settles on crazy speeds like 2.5 meg?

it did this when i had at&t and tested the cell network, it bounced all over then showed horrible speeds. verizons LTE is a smooth climb then it plateaus perfectly. my home wifi is the same. the needle pins out and stays there.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Yes. I have 30/5 and the Speedtest app on my home wi-fi is pretty much worthless. It just jumps around. It seems to fall over at higher speeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.