Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Sep 21, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1
AshMan
macrumors regular

Osx file permissions

I have a computer running snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I connect to shares on it via afp. When I copy a file from my macbook to the computer the file permissions are auto set as read only and does not show permissions for my Macbook on the computer even though i have a user account on the computer set for sharing only not as an actual account. I have to manually go to get info and change the permissions on the computer. How can I have them be auto set to read and write For files and folders that were copied to the computer from the Macbook?

I dont care about security because it is an internal lan connection only. Just hate to have permissions need to be set each time so my other computers can read and write to a file or folder.

Thanks
AshMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:57 PM   #2
talmy
macrumors 68040

You have to use Access Control Lists. Finder doesn't give you sufficient control for these. You must either buy and use Server.app or add the appropriate ACL entries (particularly "file_inherit") using the chmod command. Here is a reference: http://apple.stackexchange.com/quest...tory-permissio

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking