Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
i like to keep my songs sorted in alphabetical order and i have no problem with this in songs view. when i switch to albums view, the tracks are all jumbled in no particular order. keep in mind that i don't utilize the track number tag. i leave that part blank since i don't usually add entire albums to my library.

example:

HifnN.png

anyone know what's up and how i can fix this?

for reference, these are the only tags i use for my music:

G2IR9.png

Exodist

macrumors member
I have noticed this as well but since I put mine in track order I havent tried to fix this. A lot of times I like to download my fav streamed shoutcast station for on the go and they appear random all over the place, crazy part is that they will still play in order despite the they jump around all over the list.

My assumption is (lord I hate to assume) that it just keeps them in the order that it pulls them into the database (randomly), so if no track number is present its never reassigned any position and just keep in that crazy random order. I could be wrong but thats the way it appears.

Only fix I know of is add track numbers.. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.