Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Long story short, I was able to recover a deleted Iphoto library off a hard drive, and I installed the latest version of Iphoto, but the library isnt recognized as a library. I opened the package contents, and everything is in there, but none of the files will open, it says that they're damaged or a file format not recognized. Are these photos gone for good, or are there any programs to "fix" them?

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Bumping this up... someone replied to it, but the post was deleted, I'm guessing it was because it was a spam post for a program. Most programs I've tried only recover stuff, but none of them are able to "fix" broken jpg's.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It's likely that without expensive third party data retrieval, then yes they may well be gone. BUT, you can still see them, and thats's a start.

Some free stuff is available. Do you have Time Machine backups? This would be the easy way to restore your lost pictures....But you have modified hardware, so I guess not.....I can't vouch for the free app (Disk Drill) here, but it might be worth a try, it say's it can recover the attached information from files that have been damaged.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35373/disk-drill

Lezza Sui

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
iPhoto Recovery : recovery corrupt image files from lIbrary folder

iPhoto is a great application which is launched by Apple Inc specially for Mac operating system users. It offers several kind features through which you can store, manage or organize images in iPhoto easily. This application stores all image files in Library folder but sometimes you may face problem when you try to access image files in Library folder. To overcomes with such situation you can use iPhoto Recovery Software because it is very efficient software that recover and restore corrupt image files from iPhoto Library Folder.

Edie Brickell

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
You have only one option that is Time Machine backup restore. Iphoto creates its own library folder and I don’t think so any program can recover it because the deleted data do not go into the trash or stays on hard drive, it performs a permanent deletion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.