Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Nope.

A boycott is a boycott. You can't change the definitions of words. If the OP buys an iPhone, he is not boycotting Samsung, regardless of what you see from the eyes of a consumer. I'm not being pedantic. I'm being correct. What I am saying is a fact.

So if you don't want to drink water any more because its boring so you boycott it does that mean you can't drink any other liquid?

if the Word "boycott" is to specific for you then ignore it.

You know what he means.

You know what I mean.

Stop being a douche ;)

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
You know what he means.

Well... not really. Other than his apparent hatred towards Samsung, the OP hasn't really been clear about anything. Either way, I was simply informing him that Apple uses Samsung parts. Calling me a douche was uncalled for.

If you don't like my posts, add me to your ignore list. I'd appreciate it actually.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
If I were to swear off a company because of underhanded practices. I would have to swear off any company that skirts around US labor and environmental laws by producing products in countries that have virtually none of either.

So no more electronics as nearly all are made in China. Along with many other types of products.

Renzatic

Suspended
So if you don't want to drink water any more because its boring so you boycott it does that mean you can't drink any other liquid?

That's kind of a bad analogy. He's boycotting a specific company due to its practices, not a general liquid that's in everything everywhere. In other words, he doesn't want to support the company with his money in any way whatsoever, either directly or indirectly. It's how consumers attack businesses they don't agree with. He can easily go without Samsung products. Water? Not so much.

So for his boycott to truly work, he wouldn't be able to buy any Apple products, since they contain Samsung parts. Parts that get paid for with the cash he hands over when buying his shiny new iDevice or Macbook. If he doesn't buy a TV or fridge from them, but still ends up giving them money through their processors, LCD screens, or RAM contained in other products, then it's a halfassed boycott.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Today I learned that Samsung has Refrigerator products.

http://www.samsung.com/us/appliances/refrigerators

Samsung are one of them companies that has quite a large range of products.

ad56391_img1_large.jpg

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
Fanboys/girls are the worst.

Me, I use OS X/Windows and sometimes even linux.

Console war, what console wars? I don't care I have all three!

Why do people (almost) pledge allegiance to companies is beyond me.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
If you want a crowd that will be supportive of your cause, go to macdailynews.com. There you will find others like you who hates samsung.

Exactly. Here you will only find people who hate Samsung.

Personally, I'd go and buy whatever product I think is the best value and that suits me best (in other words, there's no ********** way I'd ever buy one of these Samsung phone monstrosities; but my next laser printer will be whatever I find at a good price; the last two ones were Samsung).

If there is an advert that you found insulting, like a Samsung advert that you see as making fun of you for your decision to buy an iPhone, then of course you should feel free to take that into consideration for your next purchase. So if you find two TVs of identical value feel free to avoid Samsung. If they are of different value, get the one that is better.

----------

Oh, and Apple isn't? I have to say, there are a lot of blind Apple fans out there that think anything made by any company other than Apple is total crap. Personally, I think it's sickening.....

The huge majority are not blind Apple fans, but people who made a very rational and considered decision to buy the best product - which happens to be made by Apple. Even if there are blind fans, posting on samsungrumors.com would be sickening, but not on macrumors.com.

And really, why would you take it personally when someone dislikes non-Apple products? I mean give us a rational explanation why you would think it is "sickening". Some strong emotional involvement here.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I've gotten so ticked off at Samsung's under handed ways that now we are shopping for a new refrigerator I told my wife I refuse to consider a Samsung.

A year ago it would have been high on the list. Ditto on the new TV. Now, not on the list at all.

The downside of being a conglomerate. Get people cross with you and it can affect multiple product category.

Time to encourage all Apple fan boi's to boycott the other Samsung stuff.

Fight back!!!

Your loss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.