Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 5, 2013, 01:11 PM   #276
bDoc
macrumors newbie

Why would it even matter? Once you put a case on it then you can't see the color.
bDoc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 02:12 PM   #277
beaniemyman
Banned

terrible colors, pathetic material! apple damaging it's own position.
beaniemyman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 05:03 PM   #278
brdeveloper
macrumors 68000

It'll match nicely with my late 2009 Unibody White Macbook.
brdeveloper is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 05:12 PM   #279
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 601

They look good.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 08:03 PM   #280
nviz22
macrumors regular

So based off Apple's previous track record, an iPhone (Mini, Cheap, Lite,etc) would be underpowered compared to its brethren? Perhaps reselling the iPhone 5 with the same hardware for cheap since it is last yr's specs? A6 processor with 1GB of RAM, 8MP Camera, LTE, etc? Will this phone have LTE and shop up in the US? I am itching for an LTE phone since my carrier doesn't go hand in hand with my Nexus 4.
nviz22 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 02:04 AM   #281
Xiroteus
macrumors 6502a

If they want to use color not sure why they would not use the standards, really red, green, blue, etc... not sure bug gut green would be popular.
Xiroteus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:07 AM   #282
Mr.damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChrist View Post
No. Selling old model leads to more fragmentation with screen size and features. Plastic version is better (but also ugly).

Which fragmentation ? Those devices ARE suported for years.

Now if they release cheap iphone with different specs like for the iPod touch which is always badly supported because of diff cpu and hardware, then you get fragmentation...
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:23 AM   #283
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemyman View Post
terrible colors, pathetic material! apple damaging it's own position.
Damaging what position?

Apple has designed, manufactured and marketed MANY plastic devices in the past.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:51 PM   #284
asthamapheo
macrumors 6502

and i thought that s4 looked really cheap....
asthamapheo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 01:01 PM   #285
falconeight

That phone right there is going to sell more than any phone in the history of cellphones. Every single high schooler will have one by xmas. It will be in the hands of every Eastern European and Asian who needs a free message service like iMessage. It is by far the smartest product apple has ever produced. I know that my 8 year old son will be one of the first to have one. It is the nail in the coffin for BB and could destroy WP8. Just look at that phone. It screams 14 year old girl like no other product. Brilliant Apple brilliant move.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	low_cost_iphone_render_white-800x450.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	421733  

Last edited by falconeight; Jul 6, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
falconeight is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 05:05 PM   #286
kensic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
That phone right there is going to sell more than any phone in the history of cellphones. Every single high schooler will have one by xmas. It will be in the hands of every Eastern European and Asian who needs a free message service like iMessage. It is by far the smartest product apple has ever produced. I know that my 8 year old son will be one of the first to have one. It is the nail in the coffin for BB and could destroy WP8. Just look at that phone. It screams 14 year old girl like no other product. Brilliant Apple brilliant move.
completely agree. i had this conversation with my co-workers, saying that apple products in general is wayyy too expensive for an average person to have.

with this plastic iPhone. and average person (not just in the US, NO americans the world doesn't revolve around u) can actually own one. i predict they will sell out these plastic iphones faster than the damn speed of light.
kensic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 05:10 PM   #287
falconeight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensic View Post
completely agree. i had this conversation with my co-workers, saying that apple products in general is wayyy too expensive for an average person to have.

with this plastic iPhone. and average person (not just in the US, NO americans the world doesn't revolve around u) can actually own one. i predict they will sell out these plastic iphones faster than the damn speed of light.
Especially since we are one of the only countries that buys subsidized phones. That is also going to introduce a whole new demographic into what a quality product gives them.My father in law in Germany doesn't buy apple products because of spec sheets and price. He recently got a iPad as a gift from us and he only thinks apple now.
falconeight is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 05:18 PM   #288
beaniemyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
Damaging what position?

Apple has designed, manufactured and marketed MANY plastic devices in the past.
the point is when samsung's flagship phone isn't doing well how would this thing do?
beaniemyman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 05:37 PM   #289
falconeight

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemyman View Post
the point is when samsung's flagship phone isn't doing well how would this thing do?
Samsung's flagship is doing very well. This iPhone will transform the cellphone industry. Not for people like me who can afford a iPhone 5 but for the people entering the smartphone market and don't want complicated android.
falconeight is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 06:13 PM   #290
typeface
Banned

What a lovely, simple design! Did we expect anything less? Very MacBook, very appealing through the simple lack of visual noise and use of shiny white curved polycarb.

Sweet
typeface is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:14 PM   #291
pmz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bDoc View Post
Why would it even matter? Once you put a case on it then you can't see the color.
These won't need case.

Precisely why, as an iPhone 5 owner, I'm more likely to buy the iPhone 5C than the 5S, because I'm sick of non-user friendly design of the 5. Wrapping it in a case is essential, and it actually makes it thicker than the proposed dimensions of the 5C.

And I'm very happy with the performance of the 5...so I'll gladly upgrade from a 5 to a 5C, even though internally they will be the same phone.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeface View Post
What a lovely, simple design! Did we expect anything less? Very MacBook, very appealing through the simple lack of visual noise and use of shiny white curved polycarb.

Sweet
I agree. It is brilliant, beautiful, and practical.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22 View Post
So based off Apple's previous track record, an iPhone (Mini, Cheap, Lite,etc) would be underpowered compared to its brethren? Perhaps reselling the iPhone 5 with the same hardware for cheap since it is last yr's specs? A6 processor with 1GB of RAM, 8MP Camera, LTE, etc? Will this phone have LTE and shop up in the US? I am itching for an LTE phone since my carrier doesn't go hand in hand with my Nexus 4.
It is very simple to understand.

The iPhone 5C = iPhone 5 internals with new design, as shown.

The iPhone 5S = new iPhone internals, same design as iPhone 5.
pmz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 09:21 AM   #292
oliversl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by androvboy View Post
iPhones don't ever have stereo speakers?
It seems not. For stereo use the earphones, thats what I'm getting of this.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:28 PM   #293
MangoTec
macrumors newbie

Wow

This is probably the most accurate rendering I have ever seen.
MangoTec is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion