Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmanley1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Got my black iP5 on release day and almost immediately wished I had purchased the white one. My wife's Verizon upgrade is now available to her and we had the thought that maybe she could buy a white one and we could switch? Is that even possible?

Also, I purchased AppleCare+ on my iP5. Would that coverage just stay with that phone and I could buy new AppleCare+ for the other phone after the switch (if the switch is possible?)

Thanks

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Ironically, I have a White 16GB and wish it was the Black 16GB.

The SIM is for international use, you will have to call Verizon to switch, and then switch the SIMs accordingly as well so if you ever travel it sticks with the right account.

The AppleCare stays with the phone as it is tied to your serial number.

Hope this helps.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I think the White iPhone4/4S looked much better, nice clean matte finish on the back. And White phones are become very popular with Android too, the White HTC One X looks gorgeous, as do the White Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II.

But some phones just look better all stealth out, Darth Vader style, and the iPhone5 looks awesome in black, with the black Element case :cool:

jmanley1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Result

I have my white iPhone 5 now and I'm very happy.

Wife has my 'old' black 5 and is happy.

Life is good.

:apple:

(This phone is purrrrty)

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I LOVE my white iPhone 5. So much in fact I don't use any screen protectors, skins, cases, etc.

I came from having a black iPhone 4 and 4S (sold out of white ones) and I wanted a white version for so long that I finally got one.

I just love how "fresh" it looks. The black is sexy and stealthy but the white one is baller and classy. :)

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Agreed. Love my white iPhone 5. I use a GLAS.tR and icarbons two tone for the back. It has a stock look and is totally protected.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
i love my white iphone 5. So much in fact i don't use any screen protectors, skins, cases, etc.

I just love how "fresh" it looks. The black is sexy and stealthy but the white one is soft and feminie. :)

fyp, :p

Kidding aside, how's your naked iPhone holding up?

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
I LOVE my white iPhone 5. So much in fact I don't use any screen protectors, skins, cases, etc.

I came from having a black iPhone 4 and 4S (sold out of white ones) and I wanted a white version for so long that I finally got one.

I just love how "fresh" it looks. The black is sexy and stealthy but the white one is baller and classy. :)

Me too! Not sure what 'baller' means. (I'm 41 years old...not cool anymore:))--but it's a cool sounding adjective. Just need to know how to use it correctly I guess!

Love my white 5. I switched to white with the 4s. I'm a dude. Married. Not feminine...not that there's a problem with that :)

fail, my arse

No...it REALLY was a 'Fail'. Sorry to disappoint. I'll play the referee.

J

iJustin63

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
New York
Yes I just did this yesterday. All I did was go to my Verizon and click the "activate or switch devices" link. Choose switch device and follow the instructions. It takes 2 minutes and afterwards, just swap SIM cards. Very simply actually!

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Wanted a white 5 mostly just for a change. But now I had a white 4S for a few weeks and that was enough white for me. Going black 5 now.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
white iPhones are really nice, the white borders brings out the screen just a little more i feel, also a white iPhone 5 is so sleek too. But the slate iPhone 5 is just mean looking, like a menace it looks so sleek and sexy i love my black iPhone.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
I like my white phone. I am a 40 yr old male and I don't feel feminine with it. I also like it so much that I stopped using a case a few weeks ago.

HenryBishop

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
New York
Love my white iPhone. But, truthfully, I thought about purchasing a black one as well and switching on and off until I convince my girlfriend to switch to the Apple ecosystem. She's already been stealing my white iPad Mini from me constantly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.