Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:49 PM   #1
wsanders
macrumors newbie

Spotlight Doesn't Search System Preferences SOLVED

Since upgrading to Lion, Spotlight doesn't find any results in System Preferences. For example, i used to be able to type in "Sounds" or "Displays" and open them from Spotlight without having to open System Preferences. And, yes, I have "System Preferences" checked in the Spotlight options.

Anyone else seen this? This is happening on both my Macbooks running Lion.

-w

SOLVED: Do not exclude /System and /Library from Spotlight. Unfortunately if you have Xcode installed Spotlight will search all your .h files and bring up a bunch of junk results under "Developer". There is no option to uncheck Developer in Spotlight Options. To fix, exclude /System/Library/Frameworks and /Library/Frameworks rather than all of /System and /Library and most of the junk results will go away.

Weird it still can't find "Displays", but it finds "Energy Saver" instead.

Last edited by wsanders; Nov 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM.
wsanders is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion