Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 23, 2013, 09:44 AM   #51
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zav View Post
I meant no offence . It didn't state in your original post that you returned it in the 'return period' that's all. I wish I had more money that sense, a poor student like me has to budget hard to be able to have such tech goodness!
So just because he didn't mention the return period you decided to insult him? Saying you meant no of offense doesn't change the fact that you said he had more money than sense.
__________________
128 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:40 AM   #52
kazmac
macrumors 68000
 
kazmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere in New York Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
Placebo, you will barely notice the 50 grams in weight diff.
Not with my arthritic wrists, label it as you like, but my body knows when it hurts.
kazmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:00 AM   #53
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
are we really getting into this again?

i have and iPad 3 and it only ever so slightly gets uwarmer than my iPad 2 while playing a graphics intensive game. while watching a movie it's fine

the issue has been completely overblown -clearly there were defective units in the initial production batches but it is no longer a problem anymore
There have been plenty of posts about the hot issues you underestimate. I tried a 3 this past Xmas , far from initial production batch.

Last edited by AppleRobert; Mar 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:09 AM   #54
Davidkoh
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmac View Post
Not with my arthritic wrists, label it as you like, but my body knows when it hurts.
If 660 grams hurt then so will 610. As for you body knowing when it hurts, look up what placebo is.
Davidkoh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:17 AM   #55
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
There have been plenty of posts about the hot issues you underestimate. I tried one. this past Xmas , far from initial production batch.
you tried one in December and it was 110F? doubt it
i tried an iPad 3 in October but returned it for another issue. i ended up getting an iPad 3 refurb in December. both don't get hot during use, regardless of what i am doing

this issue has been overblown - yes there were defective units that resulted in very hot handling. that's not normal. but normal for the iPad 3 will be that it gets warmer than the iPad 2. that's an absolute given. considering what's inside of the iPad 3, i'm not surprised.

it was also noted that keeping the brightness at 100% results in a warmer operation as well. if you keep your brightness at 100% i would be more worried about your eyes than your hands.

i just can't believe this is still being brought up...............

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
If 660 grams hurt then so will 610. As for you body knowing when it hurts, look up what placebo is.
i just googled it and wow... it brought me to MacRumors to the iPad 3 yellow/purple tint and warm operation threads.


LOL
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:30 PM   #56
waa1futs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I want to replace my smartphone and laptop with an LTE iPad + Logitech bt keyboard.

The iPad mini is the only one I could do this with. Regular iPad is simply unportable compared to the mini. The iPad mini you can take with you anywhere and, while it doesn't have a retina screen, still has a great screen for non-anal people.
waa1futs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:32 PM   #57
Commy1
macrumors 6502a
 
Commy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Retina <3
__________________
Late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5/16/256 | iPhone 5 16GB White ~ Virgin | iPad 4th 16GB WiFi White | Canon T3i | GoPro Hero3+ Black
Commy1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:22 PM   #58
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by waa1futs View Post
I want to replace my smartphone and laptop with an LTE iPad + Logitech bt keyboard.

The iPad mini is the only one I could do this with. Regular iPad is simply unportable compared to the mini. The iPad mini you can take with you anywhere and, while it doesn't have a retina screen, still has a great screen for non-anal people.

the Mini becomes unportable if you are planning on lugging the Logitech BT Keyboard with you every where you go though, so that logic is flawed

at least with the regular full size iPad the Logitech keyboard attaches to it so it becomes 1 piece. it's highly portable, i assure you
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 01:32 PM   #59
Mr.damien
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
I tried to love the mini, really I did.

I had it for a week and loved the weight and feel of the device. But I just couldn't get past the non retina. I know some people don't notice it, but I just couldn't get past it.

So now I have a new beautiful iPad 4 and am patiently awaiting the retina mini whenever it decides to drop.
So my life is meaningless. Wasting my time going from iPad to iPad and asking people if I made the good choice. So far, I have no problems in my life.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:16 PM   #60
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.damien View Post
So my life is meaningless. Wasting my time going from iPad to iPad and asking people if I made the good choice. So far, I have no problems in my life.
What does this response even mean? I know you're trying to convey something, but its completely incomprehensible.
Luis2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:08 PM   #61
waa1futs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
the Mini becomes unportable if you are planning on lugging the Logitech BT Keyboard with you every where you go though, so that logic is flawed

at least with the regular full size iPad the Logitech keyboard attaches to it so it becomes 1 piece. it's highly portable, i assure you
There's a Logitech Ultrathin Mini BT keyboard for the iPad mini that attaches just like the iPad 4 Ultrathin keyboard does. That's what I meant in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

That's why I plan on going with the mini, since it is the absolute best at portability + battery life an when you add in an ultrathin keyboard to turn it into a tablet computer to type on whenever you need it... well that just makes the argument of LTE iPad mini + ultrathin bt keyboard + dumbphone >>> regular iPad + smartphone that much stronger
waa1futs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:24 PM   #62
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by waa1futs View Post
There's a Logitech Ultrathin Mini BT keyboard for the iPad mini that attaches just like the iPad 4 Ultrathin keyboard does. That's what I meant in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

That's why I plan on going with the mini, since it is the absolute best at portability + battery life an when you add in an ultrathin keyboard to turn it into a tablet computer to type on whenever you need it... well that just makes the argument of LTE iPad mini + ultrathin bt keyboard + dumbphone >>> regular iPad + smartphone that much stronger
ahh ok, sorry. i misread your post then lol

that's sick, i didn't know that Logitech came out with an ultra-think for the Mini!
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:47 PM   #63
Han Solo 1
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.damien View Post
So my life is meaningless. Wasting my time going from iPad to iPad and asking people if I made the good choice. So far, I have no problems in my life.
What are you saying? Since I changed my mind about a purchase, it has to be the biggest travesty in my life?

What an obnoxious comment.

And by the way, where did I ask anyone if I made the right choice?
Han Solo 1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:37 AM   #64
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a
 
SnowLeopard OSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Once you've owned a retina display device (iPhone or otherwise) it's pretty hard to NOT notice the difference moving forward.
__________________
iPad |4th gen Black/ 32GB/ iOS 8.0
iMac |G4 1.0 GHz/ 1.25 GHz PPCG4 (7445)
iPod |Classic Black/ 80GB|U2 edition 20GB
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:34 AM   #65
eagleglen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
I recently had my iPad 4 stolen, but when I replace it, I'm seriously considering the iPad mini instead. I also have an iPhone 5 and 13" retina MBP, so I'm spoiled on retina displays, but i think the smaller form factor of the mini will be more useful. The larger iPad can function as a laptop substitute, but I think if I'm only going to use it as a reader, the mini is better suited.

Once I get the mini and use it a while, I may feel differently, so the two week exchange period will be important to watch.
__________________
Retina MacBook Pro 13" 2.6GHz 256GB Gold iPad Air 2 w/ Cellular 64GB Gold iPhone 6 AT&T 128GB
eagleglen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:58 AM   #66
hafr
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokster View Post
once you've been spoiled by retina, the bar for displays is raised. It has for me
I used to watch fourth generation copies of cams (movies recorded in the theatres with a camcorder) in the 80's, today I can't watch anything less than a 720p rip without being a little bit annoyed

But I still prefer NES and SNES to the latest generation consoles
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 09:42 AM   #67
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleglen View Post
but I think if I'm only going to use it as a reader, the mini is better suited.

Once I get the mini and use it a while, I may feel differently, so the two week exchange period will be important to watch.
Yep, definitely keep a watch on the 2-week return period. In my opinion, the Mini was good for movie watching, but for reading PDF’s, it outright stunk compared to the retina iPad. If you are reading iBooks, it’s easy to get used to. But if you’re reading PDF’s, it might be a hassle (I say this because I notice that you are very used to retina screens, as I am).
Luis2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rock paper scissors removed, I want my money back or the app back. aPple nErd Wasteland 24 May 25, 2013 02:46 PM
Safari back button goes back to Top Sites rather than search results TitanTiger OS X 0 Apr 30, 2013 08:08 PM
Iphone backup problem.... Accidentally restored back up,last back up was ages ago leokun1126 iPhone 5 Mar 9, 2013 12:10 PM
Even if the black back scuffs, wouldn't the back be semi-easily replaceable?? Steve686 iPhone 9 Sep 20, 2012 01:34 PM
Why is iPad Calendar blank unless I scroll back or forth one month and then back? GhostMac24 iCloud and Apple Services 4 Jun 25, 2012 12:11 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC