Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:47 AM   #1
asenna
macrumors newbie

Did I damage my battery by using a bad charger?

I plugged in my friends macbook pro charger to charge my MBA at his house like I have done many times before but this time around I did not know that the charger was faulty but by the time he told me it was too late. The charger is having a problem where you need to wiggle it to get it to charge the laptop but it has no visible damage on the outside. It also behaved weirdly after I plugged it into my laptop (which by the way acted normally and started charging with this malfunctioning charger) ; the LED light on the magsafe stayed on after I unplugged it from my laptop but was a dim green as if there was a short inside the plug that was making it think it was still on. I fully charged my battery at home and everything is fine just worried if I had done damage to my laptop and if there are any procedures to check if it is damaged.
asenna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:51 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

I think if you'd done any damage with a shorted cable you would know all about it by now...You should be fine, but take it as a lesson learned. Next time you might not be so lucky, and a short circuit could easily have fried your Logic Board beyond repair.

I use only Apple chargers, and only my own. I always check them prior to each use for any sign of damage.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air