Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
I would love to post this in the marketplace but unfortunately I haven't been able to get the required 250 posts to gain access. 250 posts is quite a bit in my opinion but I understand the need to keep the riffraff out of there.

I can understand not being able to post till you prove yourself but I'm not sure why you can't read this section... ? I think say 50 post should at least allow that..? :rolleyes:

MacLovin78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Hell yes if we're you I'd trade immediately before the other person changes their mind!

Mini owner came back to me tonight and was willing to trade the 16gb mini w/ ghost armor screen protector and $50 belkin case for my iPhone + $80. Was going to do the transaction but they got real sketchy once the deal was going to go down so I backed out. Guess $75 was right on the money after all.

----------

I can understand not being able to post till you prove yourself but I'm not sure why you can't read this section... ? I think say 50 post should at least allow that..? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would consider myself somewhat active in macrumors with my 110 posts but I am going to have to keep on posting before I get any privileges.

I would honestly pay a marketplace join fee of $5 or $10 rather than have to post 250 times...

MacLovin78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
In case anyone is still following and curious I just sold the phone on eBay using buy-it now with immediate payment required for $299 + free shipping. Fees were $26.50 + about $8 for priority shipping leaving me with about $265 after all is said and done. No one was willing to pay more than $250 via Craigslist and man people are shady. As much as I dislike eBay it certainly is much much easier to unload something of this nature.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
You could've sent me the eBay item link & I would have bought it for you :-(

----------

I appreciate the offer but I am not interested in using eBay because I refuse to pay those crooks fees for an auction, the final value and fees to paypal.

Look at this :D

MacLovin78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
You could've sent me the eBay item link & I would have bought it for you :-(

----------

Look at this :D

I sincerely apologize. I listed it late last night and it sold first thing this morning. It completely escaped me to send you the link or put it in this post last night when I listed it.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
It's ok. You sold it for a very good price and whoever purchase it got a good, very good deal.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
In case anyone is still following and curious I just sold the phone on eBay using buy-it now with immediate payment required for $299 + free shipping. Fees were $26.50 + about $8 for priority shipping leaving me with about $265 after all is said and done. No one was willing to pay more than $250 via Craigslist and man people are shady. As much as I dislike eBay it certainly is much much easier to unload something of this nature.

So you did not insure it? Not wise.

MacLovin78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
So you did not insure it? Not wise.

Well I thought about it but it was $8 extra to insure up to $500 and since it is covered up to $200 automatically I figured I would roll the dice. At worst I am out $100 right? Fingers crossed but I have never insured anything I have sold on eBay and not had a problem.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Well I thought about it but it was $8 extra to insure up to $500 and since it is covered up to $200 automatically I figured I would roll the dice. At worst I am out $100 right? Fingers crossed but I have never insured anything I have sold on eBay and not had a problem.

How is it covered automatically?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.