Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ekrem13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
I have been experiencing atv connection problems with homesharing. I didnt have any issues before, I also dont know if it is software related tho it began after updating to osx 10.8.5. When I stream movie, it suddenly interrups and warns to turn on homesharing although it is already on, the internet connection is still there but loses connection with itunes. This issue happens almost twice a movie, comes back within a min without any action... So annoying.

ekrem13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Have you tried re-setting the ATV? Sometimes a re-boot helps to fix issues like this. Also, is the unit cabled in or are you using wifi?

I tried a few things such as restrart, sign out and re- sign in, turn off-on homesharing ... but no help. I'm not sure but don't believe it is due to set up or network. It is connected via wireless. I ll reset atv after back home tonite, do we have to apply all the settings after reset?

Rushli0n

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2012
I've read that the ATV doesn't consume a lot of power, so why not just try keeping it "on" with a screen saver.

That's the only thing that has worked for me.

jdblas69

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Have you tried a router reboot? That typically solves my problems with anything home sharing related.

Nuworld

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I've read that the ATV doesn't consume a lot of power, so why not just try keeping it "on" with a screen saver.

That's the only thing that has worked for me.

I had the same problem.
Just set it to NOT to sleep.
Works every time.

Rushli0n

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2012
I've found that resets work for awhile...but then something hiccups and it loses the connection again.

Just make sure it doesn't sleep and you'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.