Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1
clarkepc
macrumors newbie

Help in reading error logs & Verizon's Total Equip Coverage

Was watching CNN live on my 4S this morning and things went blank. Long story short is I had to do a hard reset and am trying to do a restore from itunes on my pc and my phone blinks about halfway through the process with the following errors. I have been spending hours on this, I suspect its a hardware issue but I am paralyzed without my phone so until I can get into the Mac Store tomorrow I was hoping someone could tell me what to do. Any help at this point is deeply appreciated! One other question is that I have a 4S, about a year old, I am a Verizon customer and pay $10 a month for "Total Equipment Coverage" and still can't figure out with the hell to do if my phone is dead?
I have one of the attached the error log, I also get the error (9) on the 2nd and 3rd trys. I have tried to fix on different pc's , different usb cords and trying my sons airbook now. Thanks

Last edited by clarkepc; Jan 1, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
clarkepc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:21 AM   #2
SAMtheGAM
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkepc View Post
Was watching CNN live on my 4S this morning and things went blank. Long story short is I had to do a hard reset and am trying to do a restore from itunes on my pc and my phone blinks about halfway through the process with the following errors. I have been spending hours on this, I suspect its a hardware issue but I am paralyzed without my phone so until I can get into the Mac Store tomorrow I was hoping someone could tell me what to do. Any help at this point is deeply appreciated! One other question is that I have a 4S, about a year old, I am a Verizon customer and pay $10 a month for "Total Equipment Coverage" and still can't figure out with the hell to do if my phone is dead?
I have one of the attached the error log, I also get the error (9) on the 2nd and 3rd trys. I have tried to fix on different pc's , different usb cords and trying my sons airbook now. Thanks
The TEC includes extended warranty. Since it is either an electrical or mechanical failure they will replace the phone for you with a refurbished one.

You also can try the "restore" option in iTunes which will load new copy of iOS to phone and it will give you option of using your backup once it is done

I recently had to use the extended warranty of a Motorola Droid X that was two years old and had issues with signal and VZW replaced it with a refurbished one. The replacement even showed up the next day.
SAMtheGAM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:19 AM   #3
SilentLoner
macrumors 65816

who do you phone? verizon or apple?
SilentLoner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:21 AM   #4
clarkepc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLoner View Post
who do you phone? verizon or apple?
Thanks, I got my original phone at Verizon, had a problem with it and got a replacement at the Mac store.
clarkepc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone