Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Starting to get deployed in North NJ. Was in Clifton and noticed far faster data speeds. Confirmed with Rootmetrics.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I would go with neither of these services tbh.

I live about 15 minutes from NYC and I hate t-mobile.

I switched a month ago from ATT because of the no contracts, but i'm considering paying off my phone fee and switching back to ATT.

T-mobile's service is roughly 1/3 worse then ATT (I have no actual data, just my own personal experience). Sometimes my iPhone 5 on t-mobile is slower then my iPhone 4 on ATT was.

I'm definitely not satisfied. And i've never connected to LTE since I bought the phone from the store.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC

I switched a month ago from ATT because of the no contracts, but i'm considering paying off my phone fee and switching back to ATT.

T-mobile's service is roughly 1/3 worse then ATT (I have no actual data, just my own personal experience). Sometimes my iPhone 5 on t-mobile is slower then my iPhone 4 on ATT was.

I'm definitely not satisfied. And i've never connected to LTE since I bought the phone from the store.
Do you have the T-Mobile carrier update installed? Do you ride NYC subways? There is LTE in the subway and also in Queens. T-Mobile should light up NYC LTE in June. I'd wait and see what your service is like after LTE is enabled before switching.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011

Your not making any sense! 15 minutes away by foot by car?? What direction ? This info does not help the OP. please be detailed .

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Coney Island
You're getting T-Mobile LTE out there? So far I've only seen LTE turned on in the subways, Wards Island, Astoria, Flushing, and Jamaica. I live in Hamilton Heights and work in Midtown. I haven't seen LTE in either yet.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
You're getting T-Mobile LTE out there? So far I've only seen LTE turned on in the subways, Wards Island, Astoria, Flushing, and Jamaica. I live in Hamilton Heights and work in Midtown. I haven't seen LTE in either yet.
oh sorry for confusion. it's sprint lte I was talking about

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
Do you have the T-Mobile carrier update installed? Do you ride NYC subways? There is LTE in the subway and also in Queens. T-Mobile should light up NYC LTE in June. I'd wait and see what your service is like after LTE is enabled before switching.

Yes.

No.

We'll see. If I haven't switched back to ATT by then.

----------

Your not making any sense! 15 minutes away by foot by car?? What direction ? This info does not help the OP. please be detailed .

Car. Who the hell measures distance by walking unless you're actually in the city?

East.

Yeezus

macrumors member
May 20, 2013
How much money in total are you spending on Sprint? Along with the minutes used per month?

57395d1358832425t-tmo-30-month-plan-questions-fireshot-screen-capture-009-monthly-4g-prepaid-plans-i-compare-prepaid-data-plans-i-t-mobile.png

I advise you to check out this $30 T-Mobile prepaid plan before checking out T-Mobile's family plans

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
How much money in total are you spending on Sprint? Along with the minutes used per month?

I advise you to check out this $30 T-Mobile prepaid plan before checking out T-Mobile's family plans

About $220 for 4 lines with unlimited data, text, and 1500 shared minutes (free night/wknd).

The 100 minutes makes it not really feasible. The four of us easily use over 1000 minutes when factoring in nights/weekends.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
The footprint is continuing to expand, a little bit every day, according to the sensorly map.

What I can't understand is why in hell they started with poorer cities like Passaic and Patterson rather than the more affluent communities around it. Whatever.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
The footprint is continuing to expand, a little bit every day, according to the sensorly map.

What I can't understand is why in hell they started with poorer cities like Passaic and Patterson rather than the more affluent communities around it. Whatever.
Yeah. It's not like "poor people" need decent cell service. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.