Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Hi everyone. I have 2 movies (.avi, but I have Compressor if I have to change file types), and I would like to combine them into one film where one is above the other. I can't find anything on google because all the results think I'm referring to having one cover the other or some type of combination. I mean to literally have one higher up than the other, so you can see both at the same time (like a house with two floors, each video is one floor).

Is that possible? I have Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, and of course iMovie.

Thanks a ton for any help!

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Yeah its possible on Final Cut Pro. Import your media and drag it onto the project. In the top right screen (preview section) of FCP, on the bottom left side of that section there is a rectangular button with a dropdown menu. Select "transform" and in that preview screen move the image of the movie to the top portion of the preview, and resize it so it only takes up half of the screen.

Now import the other movie into FCP, and drag it onto the project in the line underneath the first movie. Again, resize this one to fill the bottom portion of the preview section, and voila. Done

Here is a screenshot of one i just did up with ironman 2 at the top, and ironman 1 at the bottom.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v2wpyo.png

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Thanks, you're a lifesaver! I've got a conference tomorrow I need it for. Having one film right after the other makes it too hard to really see the differences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.