Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser9618

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I was looking at my warranty coverage of my iPhone 5 through the Apple website and it says that my 1 year warranty will expire on December 15, 2013 but I bought on December 2, 2012.

Is it "normal" that the dates don't match each other?

Thank you!

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
This is common on all iDevices as well as Macs, the 1 year limited warranty usually overruns a few weeks as they are "guestimating" on shipment when it will be in the consumers hands. I've generally found that items ordered directly from Apple and delivery tracked by them are accurate to the day of delivery, while, buying from a distributer sometimes you can get extra time and sometimes you can be short a few weeks depending on how long the item has sat in stock. The later can be corrected by uploading your proof of purchase (receipt). You generally shouldn't have any issue with the extra time, unless for some reason you are pressed by Apple or a representative for POP.

MacUser9618

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
This is common on all iDevices as well as Macs, the 1 year limited warranty usually overruns a few weeks as they are "guestimating" on shipment when it will be in the consumers hands. I've generally found that items ordered directly from Apple and delivery tracked by them are accurate to the day of delivery, while, buying from a distributer sometimes you can get extra time and sometimes you can be short a few weeks depending on how long the item has sat in stock. The later can be corrected by uploading your proof of purchase (receipt). You generally shouldn't have any issue with the extra time, unless for some reason you are pressed by Apple or a representative for POP.

Phew! Alright. I thought Apple accidentally mixed up the dates.

Thank you!!!

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Let's say you buy a phone 12/1 and exchange it for a replacement phone on 1/15.

Does the warranty expire on 12/1 or 1/15 on the replacement phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.