Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pr0lab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Hello,
I just got my computer back from repair and it was completely wiped. I backed up the computer using Time Machine but when I tried to restore I realized that the backup got corrupted! I lost my entire iTunes library!! My only chance to restore it back is that it is still on my iPhone and I am looking for a way to sync my phone back to iTunes without having iTunes wipe all of my music/playlist/audiobooks and etc. I have a jailbroken phone so if there is an app that I can download from Cydia/Windows/OSX which can help me to do so, that would be a huge.

Thanks for your advice!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Hello,
I just got my computer back from repair and it was completely wiped. I backed up the computer using Time Machine but when I tried to restore I realized that the backup got corrupted! I lost my entire iTunes library!! My only chance to restore it back is that it is still on my iPhone and I am looking for a way to sync my phone back to iTunes without having iTunes wipe all of my music/playlist/audiobooks and etc. I have a jailbroken phone so if there is an app that I can download from Cydia/Windows/OSX which can help me to do so, that would be a huge.

Thanks for your advice!

I thought jailbreak could do everything, but generally the only way to do this is to move your old iTunes data files and associated backup to the new machine, you don't have any iCloud backups around?

pr0lab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
I do have an icloud backup but majority of my music is from CDs.
How can I associate my iPhone to the current iTunes library, which it sees as a new library.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I do have an icloud backup but majority of my music is from CDs.
How can I associate my iPhone to the current iTunes library, which it sees as a new library.

You'll probably need something like Senuti to grab what you want off the phone, make a iCloud backup, plug into the computer, set up as new, restore from the backup then load the media that you extracted from Senuti (or program of choice).

pr0lab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
I wish that there was a thing in Cydia that will have itunes believe that my phone was synced before to this library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.