Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I don't think I would want to loose or drop my touch either. I would use the device with the best camera, which would be the iPhone. Makes no sense using the touch for pics when you have an iPhone with a much better camera.

Can anyone confirm whether camera on Touch 5 is on par or better compare to 5mp on Iphone 4?

I would like to know because i plan on getting Touch 16GB with only front camera. I love my Ip 4 camera, its the clearest i ever come across built into a phone. I wouldn't mind the touch dont having one but would rather know just for the sake of it. Thanks.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Can anyone confirm whether camera on Touch 5 is on par or better compare to 5mp on Iphone 4?
Both have 5MP rear cameras. iPhone 4 can do 720P video and the iPod touch 5th gen can do 1080P video (both at 30 frames/sec). Based on that I suspect that the camera in the iPod touch 5th gen may be a tad better for still pictures.

For the front facing camera, the iPod touch 5th gen is definitely better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.