Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiriusMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Damn! I have a full spec BTO, ordered 7 Dec. I can't find out a damn thing about the order. Reseller has been really cool and tried to get me as much info as poss. But at the end of the day Apple is not demonstrating anything that remotely resembles any known successful distribution models with this particular product.

IXVXI

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Australia
BTO from apple store
Ordered on: 26/12/2012
Shipped on: 20/01/2013
Billed on: 23/01/2013
Expected delivery: 25/01/2013

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-X
COUNTRY KIT-X

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
Here is the bad news, kiddies

My local retailer - and the folks from whom I ordered my BTO iMac - happily reported that Australian iMac orders are now blown out to SEVEN weeks, and counting.

What a fiasco.

My mistake for ordering from an Apple retailer and not the Apple Store.

Never again.

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
ordered 20th Dec - just been told at least another 4 weeks from now. The reseller said that their Apple rep stated that apple are in a world of strife regarding the imac!

jDW194

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2013
Canberra, Australia
ordered 20th Dec - just been told at least another 4 weeks from now. The reseller said that their Apple rep stated that apple are in a world of strife regarding the imac!

Thinks.... If you had ordered from Apple you would have it by now. I know two people that ordered BTO different specs on Christmas Eve both got them this week.

Last edited:

paperblade

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
yeah you are quite correct, people ordering from the Apple Store are getting their orders in 2-3 weeks while some who have ordered from resellers have waited upwards of 6-7 weeks and still no news.

it is extremely shambolic. if you're going to filter and pick orders to fulfil according to where it is bought from, then perhaps only allow BTO orders from the Apple Store, and nowhere else. when customers pay good money, some nearly $4000, they do not expect to wait 8 weeks.

where the BTO was placed should be irrelevant, the system should really be processing orders in chronological order. it is very very poor customer service, and for a company known for their excellent customer service, it is a great shame.

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
It is clear that Apple are cherrypicking their assignment of any stock available. Apple Stores have absolute priority.

Retailers of Apple products are on notice that their survival in the market place is not supported by Apple. They are last in line for product, and have little to sell.

Apple have dealt a blow to their retail network that will likely cause some of them to go under. Behaviour that will not create loyalty to brand.

KrasHr

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Thinks.... If you had ordered from Apple you would have it by now. I know two people that ordered BTO different specs on Christmas Eve both got them this week.

I ordered mine on 1/1 and received it on 24/1. I ordered mine on the Apple store because I knew that my order would have more priority than if I ordered through a dealer. The demand is certainly there. The bloke who delivered my iMac said that he delivers quite a few of those funny shaped boxes each day.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Ordered on the 22nd December, received it on the 21st of January

27" 1TB Fusion, 680mx, 8GB RAM -> Gold Coast

scottgoh

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
I ordered on 5/12 through reseller Powermedia in Sydney, but hard to say when they actually placed the order. Latest delivery estimates are for the end of January.

OWC RAM upgrade arrived yesterday.

thinking of purchasing OWC 32GB. how much did u paid for them? their prices seems to have increased.

Arrow29

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
For anybody interested, I just called the Apple store in Perth to ask about stock (getting impatient and its only been a week!). After initially being told no stock at all, they checked and said they so have some stock of the 3.2GHz 27". It's otherwise standard config though so ill stick with my order (fusion + 680MX)

Edit: Garden city also have stock of the 2.9 and 3.2ghz 27" also otherwise standard config. Must say I'm tempted to cancel and go buy! But really want the fusion drive.

Last edited:

mos72

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
I ordered a 27" 3.4 Ghz 32G ram 3TB fusion from Myer Sydney City on 15th Dec. Paid in full up front. Still not delivered and Apple rep at the store has no idea.

paperblade

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
I ordered a 27" 3.4 Ghz 32G ram 3TB fusion from Myer Sydney City on 15th Dec. Paid in full up front. Still not delivered and Apple rep at the store has no idea.

Apple is prioritising orders coming through their site/physical stores. I am in Melbourne, and none of the Myer here has even seen a single BTO order delivered yet. Mine was ordered 16th Dec from Myer Chadstone, still shows "processing order". Apple reps have no idea what is going on, and I've been given the run around by their Apple reseller hotline rep a couple of times. Was first quoted an early Jan delivery, then delayed to 23rd Jan, now it's apparently 31st Jan, but I strongly doubt it. This is not Myer telling me delivery dates btw, I actually got hold of my order number, and called Apple directly.

captainron

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Apple is prioritising orders coming through their site/physical stores. I am in Melbourne, and none of the Myer here has even seen a single BTO order delivered yet. Mine was ordered 16th Dec from Myer Chadstone, still shows "processing order". Apple reps have no idea what is going on, and I've been given the run around by their Apple reseller hotline rep a couple of times. Was first quoted an early Jan delivery, then delayed to 23rd Jan, now it's apparently 31st Jan, but I strongly doubt it. This is not Myer telling me delivery dates btw, I actually got hold of my order number, and called Apple directly.

I ordered and paid up front for my 27 iMac through Mac Solutions in Adelaide on the 4 Dec 2012.

I have been told to expect delivery on or about the 1 Mar 2013 a total of 3 Months.

Late-2012 27" iMac-
3.4GHz Intel Core i7 Processor / 3TB Fusiion / 16GB Crucial RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5 GPU / Apple USB SuperDrive. Just hanging in.

paperblade

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
I ordered and paid up front for my 27 iMac through Mac Solutions in Adelaide on the 4 Dec 2012.

I have been told to expect delivery on or about the 1 Mar 2013 a total of 3 Months.

Late-2012 27" iMac-
3.4GHz Intel Core i7 Processor / 3TB Fusiion / 16GB Crucial RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5 GPU / Apple USB SuperDrive. Just hanging in.

yes, see, that's just ridiculous BS, considering how people who order from Apple Store AU in early January got theirs in 3 weeks.

mos72

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
I've just been told by Myer that they contacted apple and my BTO 27" iMac ordered December 15shipped from Singapore on Feb 2, and should be at Myer Sydney city sometime next week for me to pick up.

captainron

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Ordered mine on the 3 Dec 2012 through Mac Solution in Adelaide. Earliest estimate is 3 Mar 2013. Not holding my breath.

27-inch iMac, 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB, 3TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5, Apple Magic Mouse, Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Accessory Kit,
iLife '11, OS X Mountain Lion
• One Part number: S2511FE/A AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac- Auto-enroll •OnePartnumber:MD564ZM/A AppleUSBSuperDrive

sijyprakasan

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Melbourne
Hi,

Ordered a 27" iMac on 22nd December through David Jones, just got a call from them that IT'S ARRIVED .....I have been following the thread for weeks to gauge when I would possibly get mine and had kind off started expecting to get it around March 1st week (hopefully)...but good to be pleasantly surprised !!!

Hopefully you guys get ur iMacs soon :).

27-inch iMac, 3.4GHz i7 , 8GB RAM , 1TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5, Apple Magic Mouse, Trackpad, Apple Keyboard.

mos72

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
Hi,
Further to my posts above, just got a call from myer Sydney City that my 27" imac ordered 15th December has arrived in the store, ill be picking it up this afternoon

captainron

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Got my iMac today, wasn't expecting it until March. Only took 10.5 weeks to get here but I am very pleased with the result.

----------

Got my iMac today, wasn't expecting it until March. Only took 10.5 weeks to get here but I am very pleased with the result.

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Ordered in Perth, Western Australia, 20th Dec and arrived at the APR today - a total of 57 days! A pretty miserable process!

Looking forward to pick it up this afternoon!

buysp

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for making my purchase decision clear ( apple store or bust)
Apple have really screwed the likes of JB HI FI, Dick Smith, Myer etc....
This is abysmal supply management Mr Timmy Cook! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.