Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Apple lags behind Oracle official releases....That is a fact and a decision by Apple....No figure of speech or fanboyness....

:):apple:

Apple no longer supplies new versions of Java, as Java 7 is now handled solely by Oracle. You can't blame an OS for something that is the application vendor's problem/responsibility.

Also, I'm not being biased with my posts. I don't know what you were implying by throwing fanboy out there.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Yep yes it does.it says older versions and specifically says 'under 25'

The point that I was trying to make is that the current version is newer than the blocked one. For example, in the past Apple blocked all versions under 19, but the current version was still 18 at the time so it wasn't possible to update past the block.

Although the article does say "under 25", I was just pointing out that 25 is current so it is possible to update if your system is affected.

As for the article saying "older versions", I was looking at the article and not the headline :eek: ... but in my defence they're separated by two images!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.