Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ok, so as we know the iPad still has its original casing with about an inch thick banner around it. As assumed, they will be changing it to more of the iPad Mini's style, very close to the edges.. That being said, do you guys think that the screen will become larger to fill in the space or the actual iPad will become smaller? I feel like the next iPad will have a bigger screen to maximize the size of the screen while keeping the same body size, this way it separates itself even more from the Mini. What do you guys think?

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Ok, so as we know the iPad still has its original casing with about an inch thick banner around it. As assumed, they will be changing it to more of the iPad Mini's style, very close to the edges.. That being said, do you guys think that the screen will become larger to fill in the space or the actual iPad will become smaller? I feel like the next iPad will have a bigger screen to maximize the size of the screen while keeping the same body size, this way it separates itself even more from the Mini. What do you guys think?
Based on leaks, the next iPad will have the same sized screen with a much smaller bezel.

In the future, Apple could release an iPad with a 11-12" screen that is similar in size to the current iPad. However, we are unlikely to see such a product this year.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
No they won't make the screen bigger any time soon. Technically the iPad is still a new device as it has been released in the past 3 or so years, granted that is a LONG time in the tech world. It took the iPhone like 5 years just to get a .5 inch update.

pdutta2000

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
I'm counting on the bezel getting smaller. I'm returning my ipad mini because it just is too small. It was actually starting to hurt my eyes. An ipad with the ipad mini bezel design might be the perfect tablet. Can't wait till the fall.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
The screen size feels just right. The current device size is fine, but an iPad mini style bezel will be a nice improvement.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 6.15.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 6.15.14 PM.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.