Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1
macman4291
macrumors regular

Bowers & Wilkins A7 or Sonos playbar

I have a 50 inch LG tv with an Apple TV setup. I need better speakers, I watch a lot of music videos and I can't decide between these two speakers. Obviously the sonos is for the TV and all whereas the BW is just going to be airplayed with the Apple TV ... What should I do , what would you do
macman4291 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:05 PM   #2
brentsg
macrumors 68030

I wouldn't even consider the B&W A7 for use with a TV.
brentsg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Irishman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman4291 View Post
I have a 50 inch LG tv with an Apple TV setup. I need better speakers, I watch a lot of music videos and I can't decide between these two speakers. Obviously the sonos is for the TV and all whereas the BW is just going to be airplayed with the Apple TV ... What should I do , what would you do
Are those your only choices for audio?
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:53 PM   #4
macman4291
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
Are those your only choices for audio?
I was looking at the audioengine A5+ but they do not have optrical out and my TV doesnt have variable out option, only fixed so I kind of put that idea to the side for my TV
macman4291 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Irishman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman4291 View Post
I was looking at the audioengine A5+ but they do not have optrical out and my TV doesnt have variable out option, only fixed so I kind of put that idea to the side for my TV
As good as the A5+s are for Mac audio, I wouldn't use them for an HDTV. If you just want to beef up the sound from your tv, I'd recommend a good sound bar like the ZVox ZBase 580. It runs about $499 and has superb sound quality! It has tweeters, midranges, and 2 built-in 6.5" woofers in the cabinet, and is powered by a Class D amp that makes it run very cool, and produces some really tight audio. It's a single unit that has bracing strong enough to hold up to a 130 lb TV. For connectivity, it features audio inputs via stereo left/right, fiber optic, and digital coax.
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater