Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
do you know how to get the iPod 5th gen iTouch to show the percentage of battery to show?

i went to settings/usage but it wasn't there like on my iPhone......

thanks for your help!

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
because apple knows the ipod touch will run out of juice in about 1-2 hours if you browse the web, play games, wifi,... so they don't want you to know that the battery discharges fast. that's also the reason why they advertise the iphone's battery life as "8 hours of talk, 8 hours of LTE,..." but for the ipod touch they advertise "40 hours of music, 8 hours of video"

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
forgot to let you know the solution: use voiceover and tap on the battery icon, it will speak the battery % left

LGN

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2010
Arstotzka
It's not available on the iPod touch without a jailbreak for some stupid arbitrary reason.

Apparently when I jailbroke my 4th gen iPod a long while back and added battery percentage, it never went away with updates, nor iOS 6, nor restore from backup to my 5th gen.

caramelpolice

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
Apparently when I jailbroke my 4th gen iPod a long while back and added battery percentage, it never went away with updates, nor iOS 6, nor restore from backup to my 5th gen.

Haha, yep, I have the same thing. My new 5th gen is rocking battery percentage because my second gen many years ago did and I've been restoring from backups ever since.

i'm.huMAC

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011

Attachments

• IMG_0052.PNG
    IMG_0052.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 783

AbhiKap55

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Enable battery percentage on iPod touch 4g no jailbreak?

Hello, AbhiKap here.

I would like to know of there is a way to enable battery Percentage in the iPod touch 4g. Is there a way to do it like in the settings or something? Because I don't want to jailbreak. Also, can someone tell me how to go to the settings in the forums where you can put the apple products you have that show up here?

Thanks, help is appreciated.

ecolon2010

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
Hi. This issue can be solved with iPod touches without the need of jailbreaking. Just follow this link and follow the instructions. I did it to my iPod touch 5th gen and it works. http://modmyi.com/forums/ipod-themes/816715-add-battery-percentage-ipod-touch-5th-generation-ios-6-without-jailbreaking.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 574

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.