Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:09 AM   #301
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@dcfergz: I'm really, deeply, just extremely confident no blue screen can occur because of the label remover. You can run sfc /scannow as administrator via command prompt to restore the Test Mode label.
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2014, 07:04 PM   #302
russophobe
macrumors newbie

[QUOTE=Quantus;19295932]

The developer is Ukrainian, points regarding Russian state sponsored hacking are not relevant.

Last edited by russophobe; Aug 12, 2014 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Made incorrect point regarding software security
russophobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:54 AM   #303
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

Thank you, I'm glad it's been understood.

Last edited by V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r; Aug 12, 2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 04:30 AM   #304
russophobe
macrumors newbie

Sincere apologies as you are Ukrainian.

What is sad is how Russia's activities must be damaging the reputation of legitimate non-Russian developers.

I don't know how long you spent writing the software for Trackpad++ but it is an amazing achievement to create something clearly needed, but that Apple can't or don't want to make.

Vladimir can you give a good reason why you don't use a normal standard licensing model? A trial and then payment of a one off fee for non commercial use?

You'd make more money, your clients would feel more at ease and all would be well.

Last edited by russophobe; Aug 12, 2014 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Clarity
russophobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:13 AM   #305
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@russophobe: According to my communication with moderators, the forum isn't intended for such direction of discussion (some time ago I responded there with details/arguments, but the message was removed with the warning about MacRumors rules for the non-sponsored threads). But I will be glad to respond to you with a private message soon.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 09:37 AM   #306
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@ALL: Just for the information of community. Mid-2014 Retina Macbook Pro is very minor update over Late-2013, with no changes to trackpad hardware and IDs. So it should be safe to use the current build with the new models.

@russophobe: I could not send private message to you. Probably you disabled this feature in your MacRumors account settings.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 01:59 PM   #307
ozcalade
macrumors newbie

Hello All,

As I have also sent an e-mail to Vladimir earlier today, I have a problem running Trackpad++.

I have a Macbook Pro with a 64-bit Windows 7 installed in. Although I took the installation steps properly, I couldn't manage to start the software.

The errors are like following :

internal error has occured
system null reference exception

system argument excption value of null is not valid for stream

and

microsoft .net framework error like unhandled exception has occured in your application.

Vladimir told me that the reason this is happening because I'm using the Windows in Turkish Language.

I wanted to post this here so maybe you guys could come up with a solution. And of course, we, Turkish users expect to receive good news about this from Vladimir soon

Thanks a lot.
ozcalade is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:39 AM   #308
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@ozcalade: Of all the languages available in Windows 7/8, the problem is only with Turkish. Some sort of technical explanation can be found here: http://haacked.com/archive/2012/07/0...uld-care.aspx/
I am much sorry, but fixing the Turkish language is very challenging because of the way the software has been created. I will add a note in FAQ section about Turkish problem. I am sorry for not adding it earlier. If you could consider using English (or any other!) language but Turkish, the software will work.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 01:24 PM   #309
ozcalade
macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply Vladimir. I read that thread but I guess that doesn't help me solve my problem.

Do you know if there is an alternative software that I can use for this purpose?

Touchpad is a bit too standart for me at the moment
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:14 PM   #310
ozcalade
macrumors newbie

First of all, I would like to thank Vladimir for helping me solve my problem. I finally found a way to get it worked. I changed the language and system locale to something else and now it works like a charm.

Only thing doesn't work for me is 3-finger gestures drag option. I just cannot do it yet but I'll look into it more carefully when I have time.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:03 PM   #311
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@ozcalade: Solution for getting the Trackpad++ 3-finger drag feature working: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=212
Old Aug 21, 2014, 06:39 AM   #312
ozcalade
macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot Vladimir. That also helped
Old Aug 25, 2014, 01:32 PM   #313
mattlangston
macrumors newbie

Hi Vladimir,

Your solution for fixing the Trackpad++ 3-finger drag problem did not work for me (i.e. your suggestion to change the screen resolution). My config:

BootCamp 5.1
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
MacBook Pro (15", non-retina, Early-2011 version)

[Update] I was wrong. Trackpad++ is working correctly with my MacBook's built-in trackpad. My original problem was referring to an external Magic Trackpad, which I just learned is not supported by Trackpad++.

Warmest regards, Matt

Last edited by mattlangston; Aug 25, 2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Correct config information and add additional findings.
mattlangston is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac