Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

booross

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Alright, so this is my second post since I have joined.

I have a 13" 2010 MBP with a mini display port- NOT a thunder whatever-

I purchased Steven Slate Drums Platinum to run on this. Not reading the fine print... I needed a minimum screen resolution of 1280X1024 to run SSD4.

My MBP has a MAX of 1280X800-

SO- I purchased a train of external gear-

1. a 17" apple studio monitor with a MAX reso of the 1280X1024 I needed.
2. the rare and expensive DVI to ADC Adapter.
3. a Mini port to DVI Adapter.

I have strewn all 3 together and I can see the pointer when I drag the mouse(finger) off of my MBP screen in the direction to where I have placed the 17" monitor in my display settings.

HOWEVER- I then open up Garageband where my SSD4 will run from and I can get the GB to fill or "maximize" the screen reso on the new 17"- but like before, when I try and open the sub folder of my SSD4 in GB, the SSD4 screen still remains unable to fully open to its maximum size!?!

So- I don't know if I am having a "settings" issue- OR, AND HOPEFULLY NOT THIS- but I think this might be the problem-

because the SSD4 software is in fact installed on my 13"MBP- and that seems to be the brain where things originally open...

That just because I HAVE an external monitor with the correct resolution, it will still open up the same way it did because like I said the program is installed ON MY 13" MBP?

Am I correct? oh please oh please oh please- I hope NOT-

ahh well, what are you going to do-

I hope someone with some major obi-wan skills might be able to offer some help possibly regarding this lousy sitch Im in- Im just not that smart when it comes to issues like these. I apologize.

So thank you in advance*

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

dtjay7

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
N. CA
If you have both the Macbook Pro and the external display running, you can open system preferences and go to the display setting and the arrangement tab. Position the displays the way you have them set up as far as left and right. You can grab the top white bar from the Macbook Pro display image and drag it to the other screen and that will make the external screen the primary and then when you open the application, it should see the external screen resolution and open since it is high enough. Make sure the mirror display image is unchecked.

jomirrivera

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
If you have both the Macbook Pro and the external display running, you can open system preferences and go to the display setting and the arrangement tab. Position the displays the way you have them set up as far as left and right. You can grab the top white bar from the Macbook Pro display image and drag it to the other screen and that will make the external screen the primary and then when you open the application, it should see the external screen resolution and open since it is high enough. Make sure the mirror display image is unchecked.

Do this ^^^^!

If that does not work, you are in troubles!

booross

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Can you post a screenshot of the 2 displays?

Not at this very moment I can't. My mirror box is not checked. I have done all I can do with dragging GB over into the 17", then opening the SSD with in GB on the 17" screen and it just doesn't open to it full capabilities. The reason I need it to open in that way is so I click on my registration to open the SSD kits and basically the entire SSD program onto my computer. But I think because I installed it onto my MBP that is the 13" inadequate screen reso that SSD requires... I cannot seem to get the software to respond how it should when dragged over onto the 17" screen. I mean if I am not explaing my problem correctly I apologize to all who are patiently trying to offer help. I am not that tech savvy obviously but F that dude for thinkIng he's so sweet that he can put me down. Thank you to all you other folks who are offering suggestions. and for the record, I did try what the 2nd post.

Last edited by a moderator:

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
Not at this very moment I can't. My mirror box is not checked. I have done all I can do with dragging GB over into the 17", then opening the SSD with in GB on the 17" screen and it just doesn't open to it full capabilities. The reason I need it to open in that way is so I click on my registration to open the SSD kits and basically the entire SSD program onto my computer. But I think because I installed it onto my MBP that is the 13" inadequate screen reso that SSD requires... I cannot seem to get the software to respond how it should when dragged over onto the 17" screen. I mean if I am not explaing my problem correctly I apologize to all who are patiently trying to offer help. I am not that tech savvy obviously but F that dude for thinkIng he's so sweet that he can put me down. Thank you to all you other folks who are offering suggestions. and for the record, I did try what the 2nd post.

You could try contacting the SSD support team. this might be a "known issue". Sorry we could not be a bigger help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.