Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tb74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Hello,

I need your advice. I ordered an iMac 27" along with AppleCare Protection Plan on Nov 30th from apple (education price). At first delivery was expected 2.-8. Jan., now Dec 28th.

On Dec 22th I got an ACP Certificate from Ireland with an end date of Dec 16th 2015 (paper letter). I wonder about the start of this AppleCare perhaps 2 weeks before delivery.

What is the best way to correct this? I want to solve this with Apple now and not, when the iMac perhaps is getting problems on 2015 Christmas (Murphy?).

I also wonder if it is normal, that apple charged my credit card already on Dec 18th.

Thanks

schhflap

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Hilton Head, SC
Same from MacMall

I have the same problem. I ordered a 21.5" iMac, a SuperDrive, and Applecare from MacMall on November 30th. The SuperDrive and Applecare were shipped that day. The latest estimate from MacMall is that they won't get any units until December 31st! That means I won't get my unit until the first week of January at the earliest. So, since the Applecare starts the date the product was sold, I will be at least 5 weeks in the hole for coverage by the time it arrives. Since these delivery problems were Apple's, I believe it only fair that they extend the coverage to 3 years from the date the product was shipped at the very least. Are you listening Apple?

Hasn'tbeensober

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
ACP will not start until they ship your iMac.
In my case I ordered my on Nov 30, and my iMac arrived on Dec 12 then they shipped my ACP package to me few day later.
ACP document state it start cover begin at Dec 10 so it really doesn't lost any day.

schhflap

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Hilton Head, SC
ACP will not start until they ship your iMac.
In my case I ordered my on Nov 30, and my iMac arrived on Dec 12 then they shipped my ACP package to me few day later.
ACP document state it start cover begin at Dec 10 so it really doesn't lost any day.

Unfortunately, as I said in my post, my ACP was shipped (by MacMall) over 30 days prior to receiving the iMac. I'll just have to wait and see what the listed coverage dates are, I guess.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
On Dec 22th I got an ACP Certificate from Ireland with an end date of Dec 16th 2015 (paper letter). I wonder about the start of this AppleCare perhaps 2 weeks before delivery.
After you get your Mac, check the actual status of the agreement as they may automatically correct the agreement when the computer ships. If there is still an issue after you receive your Mac, you can contact them via phone or email and explain the situation.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
As others have said, AC starts the day your computer ships. You can check your machine warranty period at Apple's support site. You need your serial.

If the warranty start date online doesn't match your actual ship date (not order date, not the day you rec'd) then call Apple and they will adjust the date. It may take up to two weeks to show online.

tb74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
solved

I was able to correct the start date of apple care to the day of delivery.

Anyway, I am happy with my new iMac. I was a bit unsure after reading about all these display problems reported here. No problems at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.