Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nxtrcx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
:):apple:Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I am trying to track down pictures and information about the original remote that came with the 1994 1995 Apple Interactive TV Settop box for my collection. I am hoping that there is some out there that can help me.

Those who are familiar with it, would know it never really made out into production but a number of the units did get out and are still around. The unit was a joint project between Apple and BT and would have gone under the name of Apple M4120 Interactive Cable TV Box or Interactive TV System Voyager 2000.

I have provided some links down below showing the actual boxes that I am interested in getting more info about the orignal remote.

http://larwe.com/museum/apple4120.html
http://picasaweb.google.com/macsthatwork/AppleSetTopBox#
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14329937@N00/

Thanks,

Ian

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
The remote control is referenced in the manual very similarly to the typical universal remote where there's a bunch of combinations and you enter the associated ID.

There are two types represented: (IMG_0253)
Apple Multimedia Remote (Can control 4 types of devices)
Apple Interactive Television Remote (Can only control the TV box)

I've got three of these things and never once tried any of it.

They came brown boxed, sort of like Apple would ship refurbished items in the era, but of interesting note was that there were Radio Shack /Archer branded accessories in the package. (IMG_0254)

These are model numbered as M4002Z.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 298

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
The remote control is referenced in the manual very similarly to the typical universal remote where there's a bunch of combinations and you enter the associated ID.

There are two types represented: (IMG_0253)
Apple Multimedia Remote (Can control 4 types of devices)
Apple Interactive Television Remote (Can only control the TV box)

I've got three of these things and never once tried any of it.

They came brown boxed, sort of like Apple would ship refurbished items in the era, but of interesting note was that there were Radio Shack /Archer branded accessories in the package. (IMG_0254)

These are model numbered as M4002Z.

Fantastic that you have boxed versions of this item, very jealous!
Mine is branded with BT logo but no remote, never seen any trace of the remote that is shown in the user manual

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
In all the times I saw them for sale, I never saw a remote. Even these days it seems when I go into the cable office to get a box, the remotes come from a separate place, not packaged inside with it. Though that remote is pretty Apple specific, too. They were so common on eBay for a while that you could get them for $40-$60, boxed like that. There were several sellers with them.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
In all the times I saw them for sale, I never saw a remote. Even these days it seems when I go into the cable office to get a box, the remotes come from a separate place, not packaged inside with it. Though that remote is pretty Apple specific, too. They were so common on eBay for a while that you could get them for $40-$60, boxed like that. There were several sellers with them.

Thanks for the info

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.