Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Brian Fargo is leveraging Kickstarter once again, this time to bring you another CRPG from the Planescape:Torment team. Same writers, same composer, same detailed vision. It'll be released DRM-free and on SteamPlay, so all is good for Mac, Linux, and Windows.

a67b4e5d6918248035b5586777436697_large.jpg

Here's the link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

Good times! :)

UPDATE: Well, if you're interested in another Planescape, it's going to happen. The $900,000 Kickstarter requirement has just been passed, just 7 hours in to the campaign, with over 30 days of funding remaining. w00t!

Last edited:

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Planescape: Torment is definitely one of the best games I have ever played and it looks like they are going to bring it to the next level in this one.

I say, support the masterpiece!:)

theBostonian

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
My favourite game of all time, great!

Do you know if it's based on the planescape setting?

Ah, I see it isn't, pity... I love planescape; then again, Monte Cooke's ideas sound interesting. Hopefully it'll have the anarchic humour of planescape.

Last edited:

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Backed this for $35. Really interested to see the digital art concept book!

That's the level I pledged at too. Mark Morgan is a genius at composing moving, atmospheric soundtracks, and I'm looking forward to the soundtrack for this game. When I was playing Planescape back in the day, I would boot the game just to have that music playing.

Update for those interested: The project is funded, well into the stretch goals, promising for a very big, absorbing game. The project is sitting at just over $2M in pledges at 2 days in!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.