Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:41 AM   #76
Tesselator
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesselator View Post
Yeah, the issue here has nothing to do with "perfect world" scenarios. The little jerk lied and cheated - plain and simple.

You can choose to be OK with that like GermanyChris does or you can detest it and alert others when you see it happening.

It's not complex...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post
LOL..

Remember some of don't see it as that..thats why we think it's OK. If he had sold it as an Apple card I'd have issues and likely report it.
no, but he said it was "New" which is impossible if it was flashed. Heck as soon as the box is opened it loses it's "new" status and becomes "Unused". That he installed it and them modified it and yet still called it new is so totally a lie - there's no other (normal) way to see it.

So tell me again how selling a flashed PC card as a "New XXX-Card For Apple MacPro" isn't a complete lie?
Tesselator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:07 AM   #77
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesselator View Post
no, but he said it was "New" which is impossible if it was flashed. Heck as soon as the box is opened it loses it's "new" status and becomes "Unused". That he installed it and them modified it and yet still called it new is so totally a lie - there's no other (normal) way to see it.
It was flashed and tested so its still new to me.
GermanyChris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:13 AM   #78
hwojtek
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacProFreak View Post
Still, the listing IS MISLEADING because it omits the information that it is an Asus Matrix reflashed card.
While I agree that it's not fair to advertise the card as it has been advertised, the seller has stated:

Quote:
Compatible Apple Part Number(s): TW387ZM/A
Which should make you raise an eyebrow before purchasing. Anyway, return it, buy a PC version, flash it, voila.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:53 AM   #79
Tri-stan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I hate sellers like this, that are just not straight forward. Why not state "Flashed Asus Matrix for Mac Pro" or something like that?
Whenever I buy an item off eBay I make sure that there is an actual picture of the item that you are buying. Nothing worse about buying a product and it turning up different from the photo and description. Even Amazon lists products and what turns up is different. The good thing about eBay is that as long as the seller is reputable the item has to be listed correctly otherwise you can just send it back not as described. Don't lie here just tell the truth.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:11 AM   #80
Tesselator
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post
It was flashed and tested so its still new to me.
Cool! Wanna buy my 8800GT? I've been testing it for a few years now so it's SUPER NEW! LOL
Tesselator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:46 PM   #81
MacProFreak
macrumors member

Guys let it rest, seems like different people have different concepts of what is honesty and ethics. Doesn't matter, as of now the card has been returned and I have received a full refund so it's good. The so called "perfect world" won't exist, I'm not holding my breath for that. I just wanted to share the experience here to alert others, and even though I'm not at a financial loss, I lost time, got irritated, the seller lost a potential returning customer and who knows how many more potential new ones, so in the end it's not worth it to not be in honor, or to be "sneaky" or whatever you want to call it. All I know is that in my world, **nothing** ever goes wrong. There is always a positive solution for everything.
MacProFreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:04 PM   #82
MacVidCards
macrumors 603

All a matter of perspective. To me, the liars and cheats are the myriad wannabe code kids who sell cards flashed with roms we wrote as if they did. They have sprung up like weeds and are complete and 100% charlatans.

For each series of cards I have had to write mutiple roms to get the cards perfect. There are at least 6 different GTX570 roms, at least 7 different GTX580 roms.

These guys don't know what they are doing, they get one version of GTX570 rom and put it on any card they can get their grubby little hands on. It works well on some, not so well on others.

The card this thread is about is a perfect example, the rom is the generic one, the card needed a custom one. So the card is sorta functional, sorta not. There are only 2 people who have actively created new Mac EFIs as 3rd parties. Everyone else selling them has no concept of how they were made, how they work, or how to fix them when there are issues. This is perfect example.
MacVidCards is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 05:31 AM   #83
nigelbb
macrumors 6502

Quote:
even though I'm not at a financial loss
Did they pay your return shipping then?
nigelbb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 09:41 AM   #84
Macsonic
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to Macsonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelbb View Post
With eBay sellers, it's always the buyer who pays for the return shipping even if it's not the buyer's fault as far as I know.
Macsonic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 01:05 PM   #85
MacProFreak
macrumors member

Quote:
No, but I was refunded for the original shipping costs. And Macsonic above is correct.
MacProFreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:02 PM   #86
nigelbb
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsonic View Post
With eBay sellers, it's always the buyer who pays for the return shipping even if it's not the buyer's fault as far as I know.
Quote:
No, but I was refunded for the original shipping costs. And Macsonic above is correct.
Exactly. You are out of pocket as you had to pay for return shipping.
nigelbb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro