Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Honestly I've always hated the original Angry Birds, but Angry Birds Space is actually pretty fun in my opinion..

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Great strategy. Releasing on all available platforms.

Chrome?

----------

anyone know if the iPad version is optimised for the new iPad's display? I can't seem to find whether or not it is on the app store.

I'm thinking of getting it but if it's not optimised, i might just wait until it is and play through it then.

EDIT: found a couple of reviews that said it was, so I downloaded it and yep it looks awesome on the 3rd gen iPad for anyone else interested.

EDIT 2: so after a while of playing, as nice as it looks, a few levels use enlarged versions of the same images for things such as larger plants and bubbles, and these when enlarged are not optimised for the new iPads higher resolution.

look at the bubbles around the pigs on this level.
img0411.png

it doesn't really detract from the game, it's just something i noticed.

yeah its a shame all the images aren't high res.

Colpeas

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Rep.
I was with you until here. I disagree. It's like saying, "I hope the government makes it illegal for Apple to sell more than one type of mac. They all do the same basic things, so why are they being crooked and selling multiples that do some things better than the others?"

It is not the same thing. You're talking about universalization of a computer product line which includes various types of computers, while I am talking about universalization of software for two almost identical platforms - in terms of sw development. Many iPhone users have an iPad anyways, so the ones who would take advantage of universalized SW would be iOS users again, right?

16shatzerj

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2012
These guys are getting greedy, no Universal App, you have to pay an extra .99 to play the full levels available in the game and you have to pay even more if you want to play with the mighty eagle, up to 19.99 !

OMG! $.99 what has this world come to?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

ShiftyGray

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
OMG! $.99 what has this world come to?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

To inconsistency.

Mighty Eagle used to be a one-time purchase for 0.99, now you have to pay for a limited number of Mighty Eagles. That's inconsistent and stupid, because now I feel very reluctant to buy the Eagles.

Paying for extra levels is less bad, but it's still quite silly because they have never done that before.

With the popularity they're having, I'm pretty sure they're still making a decent profit. I don't see why they should be making things more complicated now, money-wise.

OmniDragon

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Agreed

Am I the only person left on Earth that thinks that Angry Birds is a mediocre game at best? It's really not that entertaining.

No. I went and got it for the iPod Touch a long time ago and totally agree with you. While kinda fun, it is a totally mindless game. Not a whole lot going on there, at all. You throw some stuff at some other stuff to kill some birds. OK? This is like a step up from the original Tetris on Nintendo. I don't get the infatuation. I guess people just really need something really repetitive to take their mind off of real life.

Lumzi

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Oh well, yeah, god forbid that anyone should ever develop a product and actually make money from it. We who spend $1100 minimum for a mac and $499 minimum for a iPad are going to quibble over 99 cents? Please.

Hey, new here!

I personally think it is a little bit of a rip off. I don't know how much Angry Birds cost when it first came out but when I got it, there was tons more stuff out the gate. Like ten full levels with multiple stages in each.

This has like 2 levels.

It's ridiculous. The whole ME3 fiasco showed me how silly gamers can be, but this is definitely a bit crooked. Extra DLC I don't mind, but flaunting content that feels like it should have been included right in my face? When I just bought the game!?

I am not talking about some guy digging through the code to find some little thing that might have been cut out of a full-featured, 30-40 hour adventure. It's right there! Plain as day!

Yeah, it's a little amount but I despise the concept of Micro-transactions deeply. Give me a full game first, then give me extra stuff. Don't nickel and dime on things that should have been there in the first place.

I really liked this game. The original got old fast, but I actually wanted more of this. Still, as much as I like it, there are other things I would rather pay for. I may eventually go against my better judgement, but I am certainly not rushing to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.