Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Does this look darker/brown/yellow towards the home button end?

Sometimes it seems so but only notice on the white screen or on keyboard... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365295592.487911.jpg

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
it definitely looks darker. something is messed up with your backlight

i would take it back

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Mines the same way. You can only expect so much from Apple when you pay less than one thousand dollars.

ehhhh, I think thats BS. I expect a lot from apple, especially at the bloated prices they charge. When quality takes a ****, apple will lose its edge.

OP, I notice it in some pics and not in others. I think you're probably ok.

weixuanwtf

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Did you just received your mini?

Me and my girlfriend just received ours on 4th April fromonline Apple Store.

Her set was slightly yellowish on the edges, very close to the bezel. Not really noticeable, so she decided to keep it.

As for my set, I could see that the lower half of the screen (portrait orientation with home button below) was extremely yellowish. This was further aggravated by the fact that there is a spot of lighter colour on the bottom right corner, about 0.5cm in diameter. This creates a very visible constrast on a light coloured background (I woudn't be able to see a white spot on a white background otherwise). Immediately called Apple to do an exchange. Now waiting for the courier to come collect my mini.

I'd advise you to push for an exchange too if it bugs you.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Well... I took it back and exchange has backlight bleed... I understand discoloration making it out but come on... Backlight bleed should never leave the factory...

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Well... I took it back and exchange has backlight bleed... I understand discoloration making it out but come on... Backlight bleed should never leave the factory...

Apples approach to quality control appears to be don't do any, sell it anyway, and hope it doesn't come back, every apple purchase i have made, even though i am very happy eventually with the device (iMac, MBP, iPad, iPad mini, multiple iPhones, Time Capsule) it has never been a single purchase and unboxing without an issue , the most "reliable" purchase i made was my iMac that "only" took 3 attempts to get one that was fault free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.