Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
If you're on a PC, use any of the Freemake products. They update very often to support new formats and convert files rather quickly.

bhavin1205

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2013
so many all-in-one video converter tools specially developed for users to convert videos from one format to another. including MXF, MKV, TS, TOD, MOD, FLV, F4V, AVI, QuickTime MOV, VOB, MP4, MPG, MPEG, ASF, MVI, VP6, EVO, VRO, DV, MP3, AC3, MKA, WMA, WAV, M4A, OGG, APE and more.

u can download them through gotomkv.com

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
handbrake

free. easy, can import many videos and easy to customize

you're welcome :cool:

sandyzoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
Hi,

Loving my new iPad so far, I just want to put some videos on it to watch when out and about. I hear the best way to do this is to convert the .avi files (or other extensions) which are on my MacBook into .mp4 so they can be viewed on the iPad.

Which program best does this? It doesn't have to be free, but good quality of video is an issue. Thanks everyone!

Yes, quality and the converting speech also is important. And i used to convert videos to any format including mp4 by apps on my computer with high quality. it is better than to convert online.

Last edited:

conneer

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
Hi,

Loving my new iPad so far, I just want to put some videos on it to watch when out and about. I hear the best way to do this is to convert the .avi files (or other extensions) which are on my MacBook into .mp4 so they can be viewed on the iPad.

Which program best does this? It doesn't have to be free, but good quality of video is an issue. Thanks everyone!

Find a good converter tool is very difficult,and I looked a lots of guides to convter avi to mp4. Doing that so will help you!

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Try Air Video. You have no control over the conversion settings but it i drop dead simple and fast.

I agree. I use AirVideo for all 720p and lower videos that I have. It is so simple to use and you do have control over some options. I use handbrake for all 1080p video content or for embedding subtitles on movies for when some audio is in English and some in another language (new die hard movie is a perfect example).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.