Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:03 AM   #26
saab9573
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianJapan View Post
We also didn't expect an iPad 4 just seven month after iPad 3. Whatever the reason was for such a short cycle might happen to the Mini, too.

But you are right: get one now is ok, as you can use from now on (wow, that is wisdom )
the reason the ipad 4 came out at the same time as the mini and just before the holidays was for Apple to reset their release dates enabling them to move to a 12 month ipad (5 and mini 2) cycle....
saab9573 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:16 AM   #27
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab9573 View Post
the reason the ipad 4 came out at the same time as the mini and just before the holidays was for Apple to reset their release dates enabling them to move to a 12 month ipad (5 and mini 2) cycle....
Could be ... Not sure if a good idea ... iPad in March, iOS/OSX/Software announcement in Summer, iPhone in fall and speed bumps for the rest during the year keeps Apple all year in the news ... All shots before XMas might reduce the overall sold units as money is limited for consumer. Specially before/for Xmas.
Yes, I know: I can keep my cycle and just buy a half year old iPad in March but that's less fun.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:20 AM   #28
children
macrumors regular

I would get one now, then sell it later when the retina version comes out.

(bought for $358, can probably sell for $260/270) $100 loss for a years use is well worth it imo.
Think of it as renting it for about $8/month.
children is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:21 AM   #29
saab9573
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianJapan View Post
Could be ... Not sure if a good idea ... iPad in March, iOS/OSX/Software announcement in Summer, iPhone in fall and speed bumps for the rest during the year keeps Apple all year in the news ... All shots before XMas might reduce the overall sold units as money is limited for consumer. Specially before/for Xmas.
Yes, I know: I can keep my cycle and just buy a half year old iPad in March but that's less fun.
ipads are most sold during the holiday season, if Apple kept their release date in March it would keep annoying all the customers that got an already 8 month old ipad as a xmas present.

June/July macbook release
September iphone release
October ipad release
saab9573 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:26 AM   #30
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab9573 View Post
ipads are most sold during the holiday season, if Apple kept their release date in March it would keep annoying all the customers that got an already 8 month old ipad as a xmas present.

June/July macbook release
September iphone release
October ipad release
Yeah, marketing is not easy: too many options, and even more opinions
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad