Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Mrrikki
macrumors regular

Sent my iPad mini back...

....16gb black, swapped it for a 32gb white! I missed the white border for reading. Loving the mini and apple even helped me set up the online return in the store.

I also realised I am going to sell my ipad 3 so wanted a larger hd for movies on holidays etc.

Who else is wishing they had another colour or getting a larger gb?
Mrrikki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:10 PM   #2
MicroByte
macrumors 6502

I just picked up a 16gb slate model today. I would have loved a 32 or 64 gb model, but only got the 16 due to me returning my iPod Touch 5G.

Last edited by stridemat; Nov 7, 2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: cleanup
MicroByte is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Alicia4065
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Alicia4065 Send a message via Yahoo to Alicia4065
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
I just picked up a 16gb slate model today. I would have loved a 32 or 64 gb model, but only got the 16 due to me returning my iPod Touch 5G.
Returned my iPod Touch 5G and brought 64gb slate mini and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by stridemat; Nov 7, 2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: cleanup
Alicia4065 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:15 PM   #4
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrikki View Post
....16gb black, swapped it for a 32gb white! I missed the white border for reading. Loving the mini and apple even helped me set up the online return in the store.

I also realised I am going to sell my ipad 3 so wanted a larger hd for movies on holidays etc.

I'm selling my iPad 3 but only moving to a 16gb iPad Mini. It is partially financial and partly that I think the iPad is too big for my main purpose; which is watching TV shows at the gym on the elliptical. I do some mild reading on it but mostly it's just web browsing. I don't seem to have the "fuzzy" issue that most people are having with the Mini when I read either. If it's too small for me to read on the iPhone 5/iPad 3's Retina Display, it's still too small to read on the "inferior" screen of the iPad Mini. I have to blow up the text either way to read it. It has nothing to do with clarity it's just that the font is too small.

Once I'm more financially stable I may get the next gen iPad with the thinner/lighter body for "power" use.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:25 PM   #5
reputationZed
macrumors 65816

Had a white iPad2, went black with the 4 and the mini LTE. No real issue with the white, just wanted a change.
reputationZed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:48 PM   #6
stridemat

MOD NOTE

Let's try and keep this thread on topic and following the Rules for Appropriate Debate.

Last edited by stridemat; Nov 7, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
stridemat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:16 PM   #7
d123
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrikki View Post

I initially ordered black when preorder opened, (because we didn't get the option of white), on the 2nd I managed to pick up a white one in person and when I compared my black one to my white one, I agree with you, I find the white bezel better than the black one for most things, especially reading.

I haven't sent the black one back, someone else in the house fell in love with it and will be getting it for her birthday.
d123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:35 PM   #8
Mrrikki
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123 View Post
I initially ordered black when preorder opened, (because we didn't get the option of white), on the 2nd I managed to pick up a white one in person and when I compared my black one to my white one, I agree with you, I find the white bezel better than the black one for most things, especially reading.

I haven't sent the black one back, someone else in the house fell in love with it and will be getting it for her birthday.
I initially ordered the white one at 8.01 and changed to black due to the delay in shipping, I am also I the UK.
Mrrikki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:47 PM   #9
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

I ordered a 32gb Black from the start. The white is pretty, I just prefer the black slate color better. I had considered exchanging and going with the LTE model but I would still choose the black if I did that.
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:36 PM   #10
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia4065 View Post
Returned my iPod Touch 5G and brought 64gb slate mini and couldn't be happier.
Whats wrong with Touch 5G? i wanted to get one but i dont like my apps being letterboxed and it seems little too thin to hold.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Alicia4065
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Alicia4065 Send a message via Yahoo to Alicia4065
Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
Whats wrong with Touch 5G? i wanted to get one but i dont like my apps being letterboxed and it seems little too thin to hold.
Nothing was wrong with it just wanted a ipad in the 7in form factor because using my ipad3 gets heavy and plus I never took it out of the house.
Alicia4065 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:58 AM   #12
maflynn

Generally I'm quite pleased with my selection (base black model) though the LTE model has me thinking since I carry the mini all the time. I don't think I want to incur another monthly payment though.

I can live within the base storage but it would be nice to have more. I have the 32gb iPhone 5 so it holds more music and videos but its not a show stopper.
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:41 AM   #13
Shadowbech
macrumors 6502a

Same here I felt that 16 GB wasn't enough so I went back to the Apple store today and exchanged to a 32 GB White model. Other than that I love it so far.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad